Chapter 2~Not A Cent

Kendal's P.O.V
I strutted into another one of the malls jewellery boutiques, arm in arm with my best friend Sophia Lucia. As I walked through the entrance a group of girls 1-2 years younger than myself, had their eyes fixed on Sophia and I.

The smallest girl, with long ginger hair and icy blue eyes whispered, "See that girl there, she was Madison Ziegler's friend!"

"You mean the dancer who went missing a year ago?!" Questioned a slightly taller girl with a chocolate brown braid and big hazel eyes

"Last Summer actually, and yeah that was one of her best friends!" Added the last girl, a tall slim figure with a messy blond top-knot and baby blue eyes

I rolled my eyes and attempted to block the girls whispers out, by shifting my gaze around the store, admiring a red silk scarf that would be a nice edition to Sophia's current outfit.Suddenly Sophia clipped an adorable purple bow to my bun.

I scanned the room to make sure no one was watching, just those 3 girls from earlier, who were still talking about Maddie's disappearance, but what were they gonna do?

I casually removed the scarf from the stand it had been on for show, and placed it around Sophia's neck.Smiling she tossed one side of the velvet like fabric around the opposite side of her neck and we dashed out of the store, passing the small group from earlier, their mouthed gaping open

"Did you see that?!" Asked the slim blond, crunching a granola bar

"Yes!She just stole that bow!And her rebound friend didn't even care!" Said the shortest of the 3

"If she's capable of shoplifting she could have easily killed Madison!" Accused the final girl

My mouth gaped open at the thought that people believe I would ever hurt Maddie!Tears formed in the corners of my eyes.However I was more focused on bracing myself for the sound of blaring alarms.

Surprisingly we exited the store without a worry.None of the employees or shoppers, with the exception of the 3 girls, had even noticed the accessories were gone.

We stepped onto the escalator and waited to reach the floor below.

"Nice bow!"

"Nice scarf!"

We exchanged smirking glances, proud of our get away.

"Where next?" Asked Sophia confidently

"Just Jeans is having a huge sale!" I joked

"And by a sale you mean..."

"Yes!" I interrupted, knowing what she meant by what I meant

As much as I tried to brush off the accusations made against me by those girls, I just couldn't!Her words haunted me, like ghosts haunting an old house.Maddie had become even more famous after she had gone missing.

It appeared that everyone liked her more dead than alive, if that's even possible, considering how popular she was before she went missing.

I missed Maddie, I missed her everyday!But a part of me was glad she was gone.I loved Maddie but at times it felt as if she didn't love me.She had a way of getting myself and the other girls, to tell her anything.

She made us spill our darkest secrets and who knows what she did with the information.She had us in the palm of her hand.She was the queen be, the ruler and the rest of us were just her paparazzi!

I loved her, I loved Maddie more than imaginable but that tiny part inside of me was glad she was gone, because with Maddie gone, all of our secrets are safe.

Like they say, "2 can keep a secret if 1 of them is dead!"

**********************************************************************************
Hey everyone👋What do you think so far❤️What did you think of this chapter🛍🎀Hope you liked it💖

💋💋💋~Paris