One // Coming Princess?

"And then what? They get married and have kids and live happily ever after?" I ask my best friend, November who is trying to persuade me to come to one of our not-so-close friend's Movie Night/Slumber Party.

"Yes, that happens but the ending is just so unexpected and sweet and you would want your future husband to do that to you! You have to watch it!" Nov squeals like crazy and starts shaking my arm. 

"Oh, Sarah! It will be the best thing ever!"

I roll my eyes,"You just want to see me vomit while watching it. Remember the last time you tried to make me watch 'The Longest Ride'? I had to make a trip to the restroom for a good three times until the credits finally started rolling."

I shudder at the memory of that time I watched the movie, "So yeah, obviously I'm not coming with you." I grin as Nov's smile fades into a pout.

She tosses her hair back and heaves out a loud and exaggerated sigh, "When will you ever give in to your inner sappy teenager self?" she asks me.

"Let's see," I tap my index finger on my temple and continue, "when you start having a decent boyfriend."

"F you." She rolls her eyes and tries to push me away but I quickly dodge her with a graceful spin like the professional ballerinas on those Broadway shows my mom and I used to watch. My brown hair twirls around me as well and my body feels like it's one with the wind. 

I love dancing and it's been a hobby and talent I've been proud of ever since I was a kid.

My mom once told me that I was doing the pirouette far before I started walking. Being the mother she is, she told me that so I wouldn't stop dancing and being the innocent I was, I believed her every word.

I remember how I used to say that every first day of school to introduce myself.

"Hello, my name is Sarah Harper and I've been dancing even before I started walking."

Ugh, I cringe every single time.

I take dance classes with Nov (my best friend) and some other people from my school. That is where we are now. We just finished practice and we're now cleaning the studio up, which is the part all of us hate the most.

Especially when it's already 1 in the morning and our supply of caffeine is very low. You do not know the torture, it's like running a 20k marathon without water. 

"Guys, you might want to help us out here." One of our classmates calls out to us. I heave out a heavy sigh and grab my drawstring bag before heading to one of the speakers that hasn't been packed up yet.

"Oh yeah, be there in a sec." Nov calls out from behind me. She catches up with me and smirks, "As usual, I'm running away, you in?" I roll my eyes at her and cross my arms. I turn around and face her sparkling light blue eyes.

"I'm going to be a good person and help them out." I smile at her and flip my hair with all the sass I can muster. I hear her laugh from behind me and say,  "Suit yourself." 

And with that she took off bag in hand and ran straight to the door without no one noticing her exit. I swear, she's a ninja and she just doesn't tell me. I bet the reason she leaves early in practices is because she has secret missions to save the world.

Well, if that is somewhat true I'd have to admit that my best friend is way cooler than I am.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts of Nov's secret identity when I feel someone crouch down beside me. "Where's Nov?" He asks.

"Well, as usual she ran away again." I look up to see Trent Lewis smiling at me widely.

Trent is the major cool kid. He throws some of the best parties, his house looks like a palace and girls are always swooning over him and his blonde hair. But apart from that, you wouldn't expect him to be kind and humble. He never boasts out about himself and is actually a real sweety pie.