Five // Knight in Shining Armour

"What do you mean you have to bail them out!?" Nov asked frantically. "How are you going to do that? What if you get caught too?"

I put down my cup of coffee and sighed rubbing my temples. Nov woke me up an hour before I told her to wake me up and my body was still screaming for sleep. "I made them a promise, okay? And I won't get caught. The police didn't see me."

I wasn't in the mood for arguing at that moment. I just wanted the bed sheets to devour me into my slumber again. The sun was already up but I didn't care one bit. The cold morning weather was also inviting me up the stairs and onto the bed.

"But what if they do?" she asked persistently. I played with the cup I was holding not bothering to reply to Nov. The cup was color brown and it had carved coffee beans on it. It was pretty and it gave this feel that made the coffee a whole lot better.

"Then they do." I leaned back on the chair finally replying to Nov and closed my eyes. "I just can't leave them there. I know that it's weird for me to say it because I'm not really friends with most of them, but remember that Trent is there." I took another sip of my coffee and placed it on the table.

"Yeah, but isn't Trent's parent's going to bail him out? He's filthy rich anyway!" Nov pointed out. "I mean, you're risking so much more than just you getting caught. How do you know you can trust these boys? What if it was all a set up?"

"Then it would be one elaborate setup." I smiled at her worried face. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. I'm stopping over here before I go home so you'd see I'm alive." Nov rolled her eyes and took a sip on her own cup of coffee. Silence fell between the both of us for a while; she was probably thinking about what to do with me.

I could always trust Nov to keep me sane and make sure my decisions are rational. In our friendship, I was the clumsy one when it came to decision making. And the worst part about that is that I actually think all of my decisions are good and that it would always work out. Obviously, I learned my lesson because how else am I accepting the fact that I make horrible decisions?

"Fine," she sighed breaking the silence. She then took her purse from her bag and handed me a $100.

"So you think they'll let them out for $100?" I asked sarcastically. Nov rolled her eyes and put back the money before handing me $250. I sighed but took it anyway.

"What? You said it's just show money?" she raised an eyebrow at my reaction. "Unless you're going to use that money for other things like mari−"

"−Thank you Nov! And no, I am not going to use it for some drug 'cause I don't do those kinds of things. You know me!" I grinned covering her mouth with my mouth to prevent her from talking.

She clawed my hands from her mouth and I winced in my pain from her scratch, "Well after you little incident last night, I don't seem to know you anymore." She said flatly.

I pouted my lips and wiped a fake tear from my eyes, "Oh Nov, it's still me." I teased I shoved her shoulders playfully but she kept on staring at her cup of coffee emotionless.