Chapter 4- Woodbury

I have to move slowly once they start driving through a neighborhood. There was no more forest to give me cover, so I could only follow them once they were nearly out of view. Peering around houses, I see them finally park their truck a ways off. The tan one and the African one get out to detach the back of the trailer from the truck, then they get back in and drive on.

I follow a little bit closer and that is when a huge wooden gate comes into view. I quickly duck behind a car. There are four people with guns on top of the gate watching, waiting for somebody unwelcome. A big sign that says 'Woodbury' pops into my vision form the back. Such a pleasant name for such a heavily armed place.

The gate opens for Mr. Eyepatch and they disappear through it. The gate closes immediately, and I don't dare get any closer. If I wanted to spy, I had to find another way. I backtrack around and run through the neighborhood till I come to the other side that has a sign 'Woodbury,' but that side is heavily guarded also. I search around some more and realize that there are three walls, all of which are heavily guarded.

Well, if I wanted to get in, I guess I'd have to work for it.

I run further into the neighborhood and farther away from Woodbury. I had to find a place high up, and then maybe I could find another way into the town. On the north side, I saw a very tall building that was a part of Woodbury. If I could hop onto some houses and find some trees, I could easily get on top of it without being spotted.

A familiar groaning sound comes from behind me about ten feet away. Instinctively I whip my knife out and throw it. I nail the walker right in the head, but to my dismay, the walker falls back into three tin trash cans. It makes a loud banging noise, and that's when I know I've sounded the Dead's dinner bell.