Chapter 13 Lancaster

I know Izle did not like the fact that I was rebelling against an unclear enemy with an unclear cause but the mere fact that I was doing it meant that whatever I was fighting against was valid. It was true. I did feel as if I was running away and maybe I was scared that they were going to capture me and put me back in that timeless realm again. I considered giving up for but then my roommate changed my mind when he came stumbling in with a squash racket.

"Hey what's up?" I asked questioning the racket, his frizzy hair, his dilated pupils, and the distant look he had painted to his face. He did not respond. He just came closer. Me being a paranoid person asked, "Are you going to hit me with that thing?"

"The Enamel," he mumbled and then charged at me. He swung the racket back as if he was going to spike a ball. Instead he missed and hit the wall behind me when I moved. He grunted like a warthog and tried again but I had already begun evacuating by time he turned around. He leaped and grabbed my feet throwing me to the ground.

"Don't leave us here!" He yelled. I kicked him off, ran out the door and slammed it shut and leaned against it. He banged on the door while screeching, "don't break The Enamel!" If he knew how to use a door knob he would have probably opened the door and chased me when I took off. He stopped banging on the door as well. Why did he let me leave so easily if he so desperately did not want me to leave a second ago?

That did not matter. I knew that I had to leave now. They had already begun attacking me.