Chapter 2

What was happening? He did not know what was happening! There was a gradual high pitch whistling noise at the back of his mind and the whole world begun getting blurry. He has been on those tablets for five days straight without any food or any water. That was healthy though. No one needed food. Why would he need water even though it was recommended with the tablets? Drinking water wasted time. What was happening?

The way to his dorm from the bathroom felt like a dark tunnel. He held the dark blurry walls as he forced his light head to walk forward. "What?" he said softly and weakly but he could not hear his own voice. "What!!!?" He yelled this time but only a muffled scream could be heard. That was all he heard underneath the low whistles at the back of his mind. It was as if he had cotton balls implanted in his ears that was impossible to be removed. He decided to sit against the wall for a while then it went completely dark from there. The darkness engulfed him for what seemed like a few seconds but was really minutes. He got up and staggered to his room like a drunk and banged open the door tripping on thin air but luckily landed to his sofa. The lights where on. He did not remember putting them on but apparently, he did.

"What's wrong?" His roommate mouthed or asked- he could not be sure. He could not hear anything. There was a sandpaper dry feeling in his throat. He did not reply. He just lay there moaning. It was hot and cold then hot again all at the same time. His roommate was saying something again but it sounded like a voice through a thick web.

"I can't hear anything," he breathed out silently then screamed it...

His room mate was studying now. The lights were deem like they usually were. He closed his eyes for a second and saw a purple cloudy substance sprinkled in darkness like insoluble powder diffusing in water with white dots floating everywhere. "You can't escape it," a deep bass voice echoed around the room. Everything was normal again- everything. "Nothing happened," the voice boomed in the distance and echoed farther and farther...

His room mate sat there as if nothing had happened. Maybe nothing had actually happened. He was no longer patched neither were his stomach acids trying to escape. Everything was normal. "Didn't you hear me?" he asked his room mate. There was no response. He threw one of the many socks on the ground at him. "Didn't you hear all of that?" His room mate lowered his headphones and gave him a puzzled look.

"What?" He responded softly and calmly as he usually did.

"I turned on the light. I fell onto my sofa. There was a deep voice. There was a loud whistling. You asked me what's wrong..." All he did was smile and shake his head. "It's not a joke. I'm being serious. It went dark! The lights were on. Then they were off."

"You Science Majors are insane."

"You snazzy History Majors are insane," he lashed back and threw another sock at him. "Clean up this mess. It looks like a pig's home in here," he insulted even though it was his mess and not his roommate's. The History Major went back to his studies however he, who we named Charles, went to take another nutrition tablet. Before he consumed it he examined it. Charles then changed his mind and the container deep into his draw. He sat in the corner of his room, and wrapped himself in his own arms with his head tucked into himself and pondered on what just happened. Tears streamed down his eyes and he commenced his weekly break down.

We have been observing Charles daily as of last year. His break downs were initially once a month. Now they are weekly. Twice a week sometimes. We knew, however that time healed all wounds. We will make time heal his wounds. We will make it all go away. Unless, of course, he's not willing then we will have to try a different approach. "It's all a dream," our deep voice bounced around his mind again and with that, he calmed.