Chapter 2,

The next morning, it was back to school. Donning blue jeans with a black tank top and tying my hair into two ponies, I smiled in satisfaction at my simple reflection in the mirror.

I heard a car pulling up in the driveway. I stepped out of the house already knowing who it was. And indeed, I saw Luke getting out of his car. He was tall and good looking, had messy brown hair and chocolate brown eyes.

Our gazes met. I ran to him and we hugged.

"How's my girl?" asked Luke in his usual velvety voice when we parted but his arms were still around me.

"Couldn't have been better now that I'm finally seeing you after so longgg," I replied, my hands on his chest. "How was Scotland?"

"I had the best vacation ever but then that came at a nasty cost of missing you so bad," he said seriously, bringing his face closer to mine.

"Like seriously, is that even true?" I chuckled, wrapping my hands around his neck.

"Ofcourse yes, baby!" he said, pulling me all the more closer.

"I don't know 'cause you didn't call or text me as much as I did. At times I felt forgotten."

"Now that's not true," he said, brushing his nose against mine. "I did call you and so did you. I mean...we kept in touch even though we were away from each other."

"Okay, if you say so," I smiled in acceptance.

Luke pressed his lips onto mine and we kissed. His mouth moved slowly over mine making my spine and senses tingle in delight as his kisses always do to me. I so missed this!

"Shall we go out after school today?" Luke proposed as we got in the front of his car.

"Alright," I said. I couldn't wait to spend some quality time with him.

We stepped in the school campus holding hands but unfortunately came face to face with Kelly and her cronies on either side of her. Kelly is the head cheerleader and also the most popular, snobbish and um, hottest girl in school.

Luke held my hand tighter giving her a deadpanned look. Kelly gave me a look of loathing and went away swaying her hips with her cronies.

The whole school knew that she had the hots for Luke. She believed she and him would make the sexiest couple in school but Luke asked me to be his girlfriend. She even tried to create problems between us. Luke hates her now.

***

"I won't blame Kelly and the other girls in school for being so damn jealous of you," said Steffy when we were at the bleachers watching the football practice. " You've got the hottest guy in the school who also happens to be the star quarterback of the school football team as your supposed boyfriend."

I decided to ignore the word 'supposed'. " I don't know about that. What matters to me is that Luke genuinely cares for me," I said honestly following a padded Luke with my eyes on the field.

"As you say, dude," she snorted. "So glad that you didn't have sex with him yet,"

"I'm in no hurry to lose my virginity and Luke respects my decision. Didn't you prove it yourself by saying that?"

"Okay," she said, sounding unconvinced but raising her hands in surrender though.

"Enough about me. Why don't we ever talk so much about you?" I asked, noticing that her one eye was always on a padded Adam on the football field ever since we arrived there.

"Because I don't have a boyfriend?" she offered.

"But you can have one, don't you think?" I said, teasing her lightly.