Chapter 5

Before I could warn Dakota fist were already flying. I saw figures on the ground and didn't know what to do. I heard someone yelling my name and turned to see Brittney grabbing my hand pulling me away. We run and run until we trip over a branch and fall face first into the dirt. Were both in tears. "Its its all my fault" Brittney sobs. I feel bad this is my fault not hers. I broke up with David. "I shouldn't have broken up with him" she cry's. "WHAT?" I ask shocked. "David is my ex" she says. I wipe her tears and whisper "mine to". She looks up her eyes full of disbelief. "We dated for 2 years and I couldn't take it anymore, he was so controlling, he hit me and made me feel like i wasn't good enough" I sob. Brittney didn't say a word and rolled up her sleeves. I began to cry even more. I saw deep gashes on her wrist that had just begun to fade. She was like me. I turned my wrist over showing her my wrist. She cried even more to. For the next 10 minutes we cried and cried. "He made me feel like I wasn't good enough" she sobbed. "I know...I know" I sobbed. "Come on" Brittney said pulling me up from the ground. We walked back to the bonfire and saw no one. My heart sped up as we saw a poodle of blood. I gasped in horror. We then heard s twig snap and turned around quickly. "Wow...y'all sure did move on fast" said David. "Leave us alone" I hissed. David pulled a gun out on us. "Little fiesty now are we?" He smirked. Then an unkown figure grabbed Brittney and put a knife to her throat and David grabbed me putting a gun to my head. "Please, please don't hurt us" Brittney whimpered. "Brittney calm down were gonna be fine" I gurgled. "Shut up" David yelled. "Say one more word and she gets it" he hisses in my ear. "Alexia" Brittney Crys. I see a glisten in the guy holding a knife to her throat. I feel a rush of adrenlins in me. I kick behind me causing David to buckle over. Brittney follows. We then see shadows coming out of the dark. I feel a sharp pain in my side and I drop to my knees. "Alexia!" I hear Brittney scream. Someone is at my side. "Alexia...Alexia keep us eyes open" then the world fades.