Chapter 2

Alexia's POV

I wake up the next morning with a major headache and find that were at Nina's house. I quickly reach in my back pocket and grab my phone. "NINA, SOPHIA wake up" I grumble. I turn on my phone and look at the clock 9:27. "Shit, shit, shit" I saw to myself our game was in 10 minutes. I grab a pillow and chunk it at Sophia. "What was that for" she whines. "Wake up get dressed, get Nina up the game is in 10 minutes!" I yell. "What?" she asks. "Yea i know so get up" I say. I quickly grab my uniform from my bag and get dressed. I come out to see Nina and Sophia dressed and ready. "We got everything?" I ask walking out the door. "Yea lets go" they reply.

We get to the school with 3 minutes to spare. We quickly join the drills and I go do captains. The whistle blows and were all on the court. The line up was perfect. It was me, Nina and then Sophia. We were the best group, even out of the seniors. The other tea, serves the ball straight to Nina. She pumps it to Sophia. SOphia then sets it to me where i jump up and spike it straight over. We got a point. The crowd cheers and we do our high-five. It is then my turn to serve. I make 1...2...3...4...5...6...7....8...9...10...11...12...13...14...15 serves over until i see Nina and Sophia. They pulled there ponytails to tighten them and i knew what that meant. Time to mess up. I hit the ball with all my might and it goes out. I go back up to my spot. We won the first set and they won the 2nd set. It was Nina's turn to serve and it was game point. Its over the net. The team quickly returns it straight to me. I pump up. Sophia sets and Nina spikes it down. We WON!!! We jump up and down in excitement. We wish each other a good game. The coach tells us good job and that since we won we got to go to the tournament. Me, Nina, and Sophia are walking out of the gym when an unknown voice calls my name. I turn around. I come face to face with blue eyes. I take a step back. It was Dakota the quarter back of the football team. "Hey so listen that was a really good game" he says. "Thanks" I reply. "So...um me and a couple are friends are going out tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to come with" he says scratching his head. "Oh...um I don't know" I say. "It will be fun" he says. "Well okay i guess" I say trying not to smile. "Okay well i'll pick you up at 9" he says. "Can i have your number?" he asks. "Oh yea" we exchange phones and he puts in his number in mine and i do the same. "I can't wait to see you" he says. "Me either" I smile. We stare at each other for what seems like ever. I couldn't help but smiling. Dakota had blue eyes and brown hair. He was about 4 inches taller than me. I turn away and start walking when he pulls my arm back and pulls me closer to him. "See ya at 9 beautiful" he whispers in my ear.