Chapter 6

Grimmjow wouldn't let the cops take him away. I saw anger and frustration in is eyes, and I know he wanted to find and kill Aizen. Renji had finally come, and he's reasoning with the cops, helping Grimmjow. I want to help, but I don't know how to help my father. 

Ichigo and I come up with a plan. We quietly go out of Ichigo's side and try to run away and go home, but Grimmjow stops us. He pulls my collar close to his face, growling.

"Just where do you think you're going?" He growls.

"Uh..." I can't say anything. I won't say anything. 

He throws me to the ground. "You're not going anywhere, you little brat! You can stay right here unti Renji and the cops are done talking! Understand?!" He yells.

"Mr. Jaegerjaquez, please." A cop says. 

He looks at the cop with hatred and despair. "No, officer. You stay out of this." 

The cop dazes, like he's being put under a trance. "Yes, sir."

Grimmjow turns back to me. "What is it, little girl? Are you sad Daddy's gonna get you killed for Captain Aizen?" 

"What?" I whimper, backing into Ichigo. He helps me up and turns into a Soul Reaper. He hugs me tight and we disappear. 

We appear suddenly in the forest where we were the other night, away from everyone. I look around,  knowing my surroundings. 

"Ichigo..." My voice trails off.

"You don't have to say anything. We just need to get away from Grimmjow before he catches and kills you." He says, looking directly into my eyes.

I nod. "Okay. Thank you." 

"Don't mention it, Senshi." He smiles, and we begin our escape.

We travel in the woods for awhile. We don't come across anything, which is good. I keep asking Ichigo where we're going, and he doesn't know exactly. He says we just need to get out of the woods and go from there.

I squeeze Ichigo's hand harder, listening to the sound of our footsteps and nearby creatures. I spot a black figure running across the trees. I squeeze Ichigo's hand even harder, this time making him wince. 

"What is it, Senshi?" He asks. 

"I see something running across trees." I reply. He takes his Zanpakuto off of his back and gets ready for a fight. 

"Who's there?" He calls bravely. I hide behind him for protection. 

"Ichigo, relax. It's just me." The black figure says, coming up to us. She's a Soul Reaper.

"Rukia?" Ichigo asks.

The Soul Reaper nods. "I've been sent here by Captain Jūshirō Ukitake. He said you were in trouble, so I came as fast as I could." 

"Thanks, Rukia, but we're not in trouble." Ichigo says. 

She gestures to me. "She seems like she is."

Ichigo looks at me, then back at Rukia. "Alrighty, then. Can you take her back to the Soul Society? She wants to see her mother and she needs some medical attention."

"Come on, Senshi." Rukia says, offering her hand. 

I look up at Ichigo. "Are you coming?" 

He nods. I walk up to Rukia and grab her hand. We disappear and soon enough, we appear in the Soul Society. Rukia and Ichigo take me to Hanataro Yamada, where he treats any wounds he finds.

"She's Mr. Abarai's daughter, correct?" Hanataro asks Ichigo, who sits on a chair next to him. 

He nods. "Yeah. I saved her from getting beaten any more from Grimmjow, her birth dad. You should see how abusive he is." 

"The 6th Espada? Oh I know who he is. His wife is Kukaku Shiba. Haven't you met her before?" Hanataro says.

"Yes. Yoruichi took me, Chad, Orihime, and Uryu to her house to get help." Ichigo replies. 

I sit up. "Can you take me to see her? Please, Ichigo?" 

He nods. "Of course I will, Senshi."

The door opens, and Rukia appears in the doorway. "How is she?" She asks. 

"Just fine. I'm gonna take her to see her mom." Ichigo picks me up bridal style and puts me down on my feet. 

Rukia nods. "Alright. Be safe. I'll let Renji know she's alright." With that said, Rukia leaves. Ichigo takes me to see my mother, which is in a small house. 

My mother has green eyes and wears bandages over her long messy black hair that parts down in half at the small of her back. She wears a white skirt and provocative red robe exposing her breasts by a little. She is missing her right arm and has a tattoo on her left arm. She wears bandages around her right shoulder and both ankles. She also has wooden sandals and a cloak. 

When she sees Ichigo and me appear in her home, she loses her tears. She wraps me in her arms, and I wrap my arms around her. 

"Senshi! I haven't seen you for years! Where've you been? How are you? How's Dad?" She says. 

"I'm fine, Mommy. I'm living with Dad and his husband, Renji Abarai. He thinks you 'died' because of me, so he beats me. But Ichigo here helped me out and we got away." I tell her. 

"Oh, thank you Ichigo! Thank you for bringing me my daughter!" My mother cries with tears of joy. "Please, stay as long as you like." 

"Thanks, Miss Shiba." Ichigo says. 

My mother leads Ichigo and me to my room, where she's kept a whole bedroom full of stuff she thinks I would like. It has Shinigami replica swords, a poster of my father and mother at their wedding, and it is perfect. She tells me everything about her years with Grimmjow, and I wish Grimmjow could see her. 

I  come up with a plan to get my parents back together.