Chapter 8

I wake up in an unknown room. I'm confused, because I was last in my basement back in Karakura Town. No one is in here, but I see figures walking around outside. I sit up in my Japanese futon, and stand. I walk over to the door and slide it open. 

I see two captains walking toward the room I'm in and I go and sit back down on the futon. The captains enter the room and greet me.

"Hello, Miss Jaegerjaquez. I am Captain Ukitake of the 13th Division." The first captain says.

"I am Captain Hitsugaya, of the 10th Division. I brought you here to keep you safe from your father, and he is our enemy. Ichigo Kurosaki and Renji Abarai will be helping you train to become a Soul Reaper. They will be here soon." The second, shorter captain says. 

I bow before them. "Thank you, sir." I stand back up. 

"Do you want to come with us and meet some of the other captains? I'm sure they would enjoy to hear that we'd be having a new Soul Reaper." Captain Ukitake says, smiling. 

I smile. "Thank you, sirs. That would be great." 

Oh no you don't, little one. You're not going anywhere. Grimmjow's evil voice echoes in my head. I can feel his heavy hands push me down, making me let out a yelp. 

"Senshi, are you alright?" Captain Hitsugaya asks concernly. 

I manage to nod as he helps me up. "My father is being controlled by Aizen Sosuke. He uses that power to get inside my mind and hurt me like a voodoo doll." 

"Well, what are we to do, Captain?" Ukitake asks Hitsugaya.

Hitsugaya shakes his head. "Not sure, Ukitake. Let's get her to Unohana. She might know what's wrong."

Ukitake and Hitsugaya lead me to Unohana, who is a healer and a very nice woman. She sits me down on a chair and examines me. 

"She has many bruises, scars, scratches, but I'm not sure why Aizen would try and get inside this poor girl's mind." Unohana says. 

Hitsugaya nods. "Thanks, Unohana. Come on, Senshi." He offers a hand and I take it invitingly, smiling.

They lead me to a meeting room where the captains are, and I sit down next to Captain Hitsugaya and another captain I'm not familiar with.

"Hello, captains. I am Shunsui Kyōraku, captain of the 1st Division and the 13 Court Guard Squad commander, if you do not know me. We have a new Soul Reaper-in-training today, and her name is Senshi Jaegerjaquez." He says. He gestures for me to come up with him, and I do. 

"Jaegerjaquez? Are you that Espada's daughter?" Another captain asks.

I nod shyly. "Yes, Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez is my father."

"Why are you here, then?!" The captain says angrily.

"Calm down, Byakuya! I saved her from getting beaten by her father! Grimmjow is being controlled by Aizen to kill her!" Hitsugaya shouts at him.

"I merely asked a question, Toshiro. Why don't you calm down?" Byakuya says with no expression on his face.

"We came as fast as we could, sir!" A familiar voice says. 

Everyone turns to look at the door, and Ichigo and Renji stand there, saluting. My face turns into a smile and I run into Ichigo's arms. 

"You're finally here!" Toshiro says happily. 

"Yes, sir. We came as fast as we could when you summoned us, as we said." Renji says. 

"Well, get training Senshi." Captain Ukitake says, smiling. "I can't wait to see our new Soul Reaper."