I don't

I'm falling for Gray Andrews. I, Maze Carson, am falling for the tall guy I just recognized 3 days ago.

The boy who introduced himself to me then ignore me the next time we met.

The boy I always deny to have feelings for, the one who just interested me with his height that can reach anything.

The guy that I'm currently talking to about the silliest things.

This is not supposed to be some clichè teen fiction where I'll be head over heels for him like some hopeless romantic girl.

But why did it have to turn into that?

We're still talking and Mr. Samuels haven't come in yet, I guess it's going to be a free period for french today.

He keeps making me laugh with his jokes that is not really funny but I keep laughing because of his hopeful face when he's done telling it to me, begging me to laugh at it.

While Cyril was just listening to us, saying things from time to time just to make fun of me then getting a smack on the head from me after.

More jokes from Gray and the bell finally rang, we said our goodbyes and head straight in the cafeteria knowing if we don't hurry, the line will take forever.

We bought our food then sat in our usual seats at the back of the cafeteria where no one really pays attention to us.

"So today's a big step huh?" Cyril started the conversation saying that with an eyebrow up.

"Big step to what? What are you even talking about?"

"at French? You and Gray? flirting?" he rolled his eyes.

Flir- what? Gray and I? but then I remembered my realization earlier and I swear even though I can't see my face right now I think it's the same color as the apple I'm currently eating.

"Flirting!? We're just talking you shit."

"Really? But I saw how you look at him a while ago, it's just like yo--"

"That's nothing, shut up" I quickly cut him off because I don't want him to realize it too.

"Oh! You!" he laughed while pointing at me.

"What me?" I'm confused, why is he pointing at me?

"You're falling for him Maze!" he said smiling widely.

My eyes looked like they might pop out, when did he realize that?

"Wh-what? of course not, stop reading too much into things."

He just raised his eyebrows and didn't speak again but I know he didn't believe any of my words.

I know that but it still won't make me confess into anything to him. I just confirmed it in my mind a few hours ago and I'm not ready to say it out loud because it would seem too real and I sure hell don't want to give in to it yet.

The day passed by just like that, going home after all the classes are over, changing into something more comfortable, looking through my bag and deciding that we don't have any homework - thank God for that - and just lounging around the living room while munching potato chips I randomly picked out inside one of the cabinets in the kitchen.

My parents weren't home yet as usual so that means that the whole house is so quiet that I can't help but let my thoughts to wander.

I seem to begin thinking that the famous 'expect the unexpected' is happening to me right now.

I did not expect to be that oblivious to the people around me especially my classmates.

I did not expect knowing someone I have not known before to interest me this much.

I surely did not expect to realizing so quickly that I'm falling for that certain someone.

But instead of getting excited about my discovery, it made me more vulnerable.

Vulnerable to what may happen next and knowing that it will become one of my weaknesses.

I'm not fond of knowing my weak side, well who does anyway.

Everyone wants to appear stronger and intimidating. To appear that no one can bring them down and the walls they put up with cement so no one can break through it.

It won't last long anyway because no matter how strong the wall is, it'll always be crashed by an unexpected force.

It will come and it can't be avoided no matter what even if you don't want it to.