Part 9~The Hand That Rocks The Mabel

Dean's P.O.V

Dean looked around. He didn't know if this was another dream or reality. He was in the staff room, Sam sleeping in the sleeping-bag beside him.

He got up. The only sound was the TV in the living room. Dean walked in to find Castiel watching Ducktective.

"I do not understand how a bird achieves an important career such as a detective." Cas inquired.

"Cas? Am I awake?" Dean asked the angel. Cas got up and slapped him.
"What the hell Cas?! What was that for?"

"I heard that humans use pain as a way to ensure that they are conscious." Cas replied.

"Usually it's just a pinch!"

"My apologies. Have you returned to your own body?"

Dean looked around. "Yeah, it's me. Where are the twins?"

"In their rooms upstairs, still sleeping. Do you know why you all passed out?" Cas asked.

"This dream demon, Bill Cipher, said we were playing a "game". I dreamed I was back in Purgatory."

"Perhaps he's trapped you all in nightmares. He is a dream demon. I could try to contact them."

"If we can help we'll have to hurry. He said they've only got 45 minutes."

"I can only do one at a time."

Dean sighed. He loved his brother but he couldn't just let the twins die. "Start with Mabel. And hurry." He looked over to the room where his brother rested and added "I'll come back for you Sammy."

~~~~~
Mabel's P.O.V

"Mabel, how does it feel to be dating the real Gideon?"

"She loves it."

"Gideon, do you think that you're gonna propose in ten years or so?"

"Oh definitely!"

Gideon answered various questions from the reporters. Cameras flashed in Mabel's face. Gideon squeezed her arm, not letting her go.

Several questions and photographs later the two (blech) lovebirds were in a dressing room, preparing for an act.

"Gideon, Please tell me what happened to Dipper?" Mabel asked as she picked up her matching outfit.

"Told you sweet-cheeks, I took care of him." Gideon replied as he brushed his mountain of hair.

"He's my twin brother. I. Want. To. Know." Mabel emphasized every word.

Gideon sighed and rolled his eyes. "A while ago, he was a threat to our relationship. I merely told him to meet me in a merchandise warehouse and I used a spell in this here book," He patted an old book "To do this."

Gideon tore open a closet. Inside stood Dipper, frozen in a scream, hands raised to defend himself, encased in a glowing turquoise light.

"DIPPER! Let him go!" Mabel raised her fist to punch Gideon but it stopped in midair.

"Now sweetums, I can't do that." Gideon raised his hand. A turquoise light circled her, emenating from Gideon's bolo-tie. She kicked and struggled but to no avail.

"Now, you can either forget everything you saw or end up like Pine-tree here." Gideon gestured to the frozen Dipper.

Then the world around her went blurry, like a mirage. The door to the dressing-room exploded sending splinters of wood everywhere. A figure stepped through the rubble.

"Mabel, I don't have long but- why is my shirt missing?" Castiel looked down at his bare chest. "Mabel, remember, it's still a dream. You need to-" His figure blurred then came back into focus. "Find-*static*-Bill-*static*wake-" He disappeared.

Mabel dropped to the floor. She looked over at Gideon. "Dipper. You called him Pine-tree, only Bill does that."

Gideon looked at Mabel as his eyes turned yellow. "Aw, come on! You had help." Cipher's voice complained. "But a game's a game, rules are rules."

He snapped his fingers and Mabel woke up.