Chapter 2

"Are you okay?" my mother asked me.

I don't want to start a conversation with her so I intentionally get my earphones in my small bag and I put it in my ears, I turned to her, "what? I can't hear you." then I pointed at my ears.

Then I saw my brother beside my mother, he just shook his head. My brother looked so good. He is Liam Payne, he changed his surname with our mother's maiden name, they both did. While I was left with my father's surname. My brother is so kind. He is also hardworking, maybe that's why my mother chose him to be with her than me.

It is time for us to go inside the airplane. And I am not excited like the other people here, they looked so happy that they would go to UK. Well, I'm not. I know my life would be fucked up. We rode the airplane. I can't hear what the stewardess was trying to say, I was enjoying the music here. I am near the window and my mother is beside me then Liam. She kept looking at me. It was freaking me out. She just came back in the Philippines, like two years ago. And she expected me to welcome her with my wide arms, hell no.

The whole trip was boring as I expected it to be. We are now getting our luggages. I removed my earphones because it was in my ear like almost 16 hours. What the fuck. I feel like my earwax is a huge ball inside my ears.

"Welcome to UK!" My mom said. My brother laughed and I didn't. She's so lame. It's 3pm how did she get that energy.

I looked around me, I prefer New York. I've always wanted my career to start there, not here.

I carried my bag and Liam carried all the baggages. I saw a girl waving at us with her white polo and a pencil skirt, she seems to be in middle age. She has a paper, with "Welcome Payne family"

I smirked. Payne. My mother looked at me, seems like she knows what I was thinking so she just gave me an apologetic look and went to the place where the girl is standing.

"Hi, Lori!!" the girl said and they hugged.

"I missed you girl!!" my mother said, I think she is her bestfriend. They act like they are teenagers, they should stop. Gross.

"Oh Liam, you look so great." And she hugged him. Liam also hugged her back. Then the girl looked at me with a smile...

"So are you Raine?" she asked.

"No, Liam must be Raine." I rudely answered.

She looked like she was disappointed by my attitude but she still smiled at me. I don't care about her or anyone.

"Hi I am Margaret." she offered her hand for a handshake. So I just kinda accept it.

"Let's go?" Liam asked to cut the awkward tension. I rolled my eyes.

Margaret and Lori was talking about medicine and other doctor stuff. . And I don't give a damn about their conversations so I slept the whole trip to Doncaster.

"Raine, we're here." Liam said, waking me up.

I rubbed my eyes and got out of the car.

I saw Lori and Liam's house, this one is a big house, bigger than my father's. Lori smiled at me.

"Welcome home." she spread her arms as if she is showing me her house, what is it with her and her welcome thing?

"With you isn't home." I replied. I saw how her eyes look down. Hurt? I almost laughed.

She still guided me inside their house. She showed me her "home", is she a tour guide?

"Where's my room?" I looked at her. But she still looks excited.

"Upstairs, come on, I'll show you your room." I don't want her to show me my room, but I don't have the energy to fight her. I want a proper sleep.

She opened the door and I saw a big blue room. My favorite color, still. This is bigger than my room in my father's house, the bed is bigger, the lamp, the sheets, the study table are nicer. Wow, but I'm not gonna say it. Lori is waiting for my reaction.

"Good, uhm. Can I take a rest now?" I asked her, hiding my amazement.

She snapped, "Oh yes, you need to. So call me or Liam if you need anything. We'll be just downstairs."

She closed the door. And I hugged one of my pillows, I hope I will have a good life here. And I fell asleep.

I reached up for my phone as soon as i wake up.

I slept for almost an hour. I went out my room, and went downstairs. This house is really big. I went to the living room and I saw Lori and Liam's picture. They are hugging each other, I felt the pain in my chest. I don't blame her for choosing Liam over me, even I, myself will never choose me.

"Raine?" I heard Liam's voice.

I looked at him with a neutral face. "What?"

"I was about to call you in your room. Dinner is ready." He smiled.

I nodded. And I walked past him. I went to the dining room. And I saw Lori putting food on our table. I sat on the chair and Liam sat across me and Lori is in the middle.

Why is the table so big? I just shooed my thoughts away. And I put some food on my plate. I started to eat. And Lori was just there waiting again for my reaction, what is it with her and my reaction? Am I a judge on her "being a mother" show, so she just need to wait for my reaction like that?

I ignored her and continued eating my food.

"You will join us in our outreach program." She said.

"What?"

"You will be coming with us in our outreach program." She repeats. She is serious, I can say.

"No." I replied.

"I am not asking you to join us, I said you will join us." She explained.

"And I am not also answering your question, I said no! I don't want to." I stomped off to my room.

What is it with her? She can't just come back and tell me what to do. Why is she fucking ordering me around? She stopped being my mother when she left me.

I heard a knock from the door.

"Raine, can I come in?" It's Liam.

"Okay." I answered.

"Are you okay?"

"After I shouted at Lori, of course, I am okay." I sarcastically said.

He smiled at my behavior towards him.

"You are still Raine."

I stopped. It's like a stab on my chest. I didn't say anything.

"Just give this outreach program a chance. Our mother just wants to help... and she wants us... you to be with her." I can see the sincerity in his eyes. Liam is so calm, unlike me.

"I'll think about it." I said

He gave me a smile, "Good. It will be next week. Okay. You want to rest then. Sleepwell, we'll go shopping tomorrow, okay?"

I nodded and he kissed me on my forehead. He's a sweet brother. He visited me when he was staying in the Philippines for his work. There's no reason to be mad at him, just jealous.

Maybe I can give this outreach program a chance, maybe I can... But I want a life in New York. I know I will be free there. I know I will be.