Chapter 3

I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I am going to shop for my clothes, and stroll around Doncaster. Liam said he will join me when we were having breakfast. Good thing, Lori didn't tell anything about the outreach program.

I wore a black ripped jeans and a black sweater and black vans. Black is my happy color.

I tied my hair into a ponytail. My wavy hair looks good today. I put some eyeliner. My father doesn't like me to put some of these because he told me that I look like... what was his word again? Badass. Yeah, he said I look like a badass. I want to laugh at his choice of words but I chose not to. He hates me, he always will.

"Raine, are you ready?" Liam asked outside my room.

I opened the door. "Yes, always."

He smiled at me.

"You hate black, don't you?"

I rolled my eyes. I hate him.

"Oh wait..." I went to my luggage and get my camera. And came back to Liam.

"Let's go buy you some clothes first."

I nodded. We went downstairs.

"Mom, Raine will go shopping and we'll stroll around." Liam told Lori.

Lori came near us, "I wish I could join you. But I have to go to work."

I looked away, "I'm glad you can't." And went outside. I heard Liam say goodbye.

We went inside his car.

"You should stop being rude to her." Liam said calmly. Just calm.

I looked outside the window.

I can't just stop being rude to her. She left me... she hurt me. She just left me waiting for nothing.

And that's how people see me in any ways, rude and mean. Even though, I'm kind to them, they will always say I'm mean, even though I am honest to them, they will talk about me being rude. So I'm just giving them something to talk about.

We went to a mall, and I entered H&M.

I should get some sweaters,tshirts and ripped jeans.

"Why aren't you getting a dress?" Liam questioned me.

I took a glance on the clothes that I will be buying.

"Nothing, dresses aren't my thing." I shrugged.

"Why?"

"What do you mean why, bro?"

Liam laughed at me, "Don't be mad, you're just different from the other girls."

"Being a girl doesn't mean you must wear a dress. Dress looks good on you, brother." I said as I put a sparkling dress infront of him. He jokingly shoved it off.

"I imagine you wearing a dress, I think you'll slay." I continued giggling.

He frowned at me. So I stopped. I don't like him to cry, okay?

Liam paid for my clothes, he insisted.

"Liam, I will be getting a skateboard." I told him.

He nodded, he knows I am skateboarding. I just forgot to bring my skateboard here because I thought I could runaway. Too bad, I didn't.

I got a black skateboard with a graffiti design under it, it's just simple. I like things more when they are simple.

"You really are a boy, Raine." I heard Liam say, I looked at him, and he was smirking.

"I just don't like girly things because they are boring."

We ate lunch in his favorite restaurant, that's what he told me.

We talked about his dull life. And he got curious about my awesome life.

"So, did you think about the outreach program?" I know we will have a conversation about this.

"I'm hesitating. You know that I don't want to be here right? I want New York, I want my career to start there." I really am thinking about it. I thought I can go to New York and start a life there.

Liam gave me a nod. "But I'm looking forward on you joining us."

He paid for the bill, of course, he will. Wow, that's a rhyme. I should write a poem then.

We both entered his car.

"Where are we going?"

He clapped his hands in a beat, "to the park."

"Who are you? Dora the Explorer?"

He bursts into laughter, "Yes, I am Dora, and you look like Boots."

I hit him with my bag. And joined him into his endless laughter.

He drove his car.

"I don't want to go to the park anymore." I declared.

"Why?"

"I just want to stroll around the neighborhood with my skateboard." I spoke just like a child who wants to get her candy.

"I will join you then." he said.

"You look tired, Liam, take a rest."

"Are you sure? You'll get lost." he's worrying like he's talking to a ten years old.

"I will be fine. okay?" I assured him.

I know he is torn between he wants to bond with me and he needs a rest. And going shopping with me is enough.

As he stopped infront of the house, I immediately went outside the car.

"Just take my clothes inside, and take a rest. " I told him as I get my skateboard at the trunk of the car.

"Take care, little sister." He messed my hair. I groaned. I fixed my hair and then he'll just... ugh Liam.

I grabbed my backpack and rode my skateboard, I was just in the sidewalk. I know I am good in balancing. And I did a flip trick. That was just basic. And I was trying to do the hurricane trick. That's what my skateboard friend told me. Her name is Tara. She's good at skateboarding. She teaches me tricks and stuffs. She is the closest friend because I don't do bestfriends. It's lame.

I can do this hurricane. I was trying so hard to do it. I stumbled. I fell on the ground. Good thing I wore sweater and pants, but I scraped my hand...so bad. Nobody saw me... there's no people roaming around here. This neighborhood is lifeless. Or is it just because they're getting their afternoon sleep? Or they're just really boring.

I stared again at my wounded hand.

I stayed sitting there for a little bit when a voice asked me, "are you okay?"

I looked back and I saw a guy with a floppy brown hair, with his worrying blue eyes.

I groaned. I don't like any people to see me like this, wounded. I managed to stand up. And get my skateboard.

"I'm fine." I told him.

"But your hand doesn't look fine."

"Then stop looking."

"I was just trying to help here..." he said.

"I don't need your help." And I accidentally dropped my skateboard because my hand hurts. Oh my gosh. I'll try the other hand tho, I have two hands. The left and the right, but my right hand is scraped.

"See?" I can sense he is smirking by the way he said it.

I gave him a glance, "I am fine."

"Oh, okay." He shrugged and walked away.

Thank God, he stopped acting so kind, because I can sense he's not that kind. There's something in him that is kind but not that really kind, did you get it? It's okay, because I don't either.