Chapter 4

I opened the front door. Thank God, they aren't downstairs. So I ran upstairs to my room. I put the skateboard under the bed. I went outside my room to go to the bathroom, I'll check if there is a first aid kit there, I know there will be, of course, Lori is a doctor.

I held the doorknob but the door was locked. There is someone inside the bathroom. So I thought I would just go back to my room but the door opened...

"Hey," she said.

I looked at her, "I'll use the bathroom."

She nodded, I attempted to hide my hand but she already saw it.

"What happened?" she was referring to my wound.

"I rode my skateboard and I fell, now if you'll excuse me, I'll get a first aid kit."

She quickly went to the medicine cabinet and got the kit that I need. "I'll take care of it."

"I can do it by myself." I spoke with annoyance in my voice.

She looked at me, "No, I'll help you with it."

"Fine..." I groaned because she is annoying. I saw her smile. I rolled my eyes. We went to my room. I sat on my bed and she grabbed a chair.

She put an alcohol first. I almost whimpered because of the pain. I hate alcohols. I know they can help us heal the pain but the worst part is they also give the same kind of pain.

As soon as she was finished treating my wound, she called my name.

I stared at her. What does she want now?

"Your brother told me about wanting your life in New York." she said. It didn't surprise. I know Liam will tell her because he is so talkative that he couldn't stop.

"Just do this medical mission in one month, I'll buy you a condo in New York, I'll pay all the things you need, just give this medical mission a chance." I can sense her sincerity in her voice at the same time, her begging voice.

New York is all I've ever wanted, I want my photography to be there. In New York, I can have my freedom. I can have all the things that I've liked. I want my career in accounting to be there. I want my life to be there.

She was examining my reaction, she was finding some answers.

"Are you sure?" I asked her.

She nodded, there's a hope on her face.

"Okay." I know I'll be needing her help once I got in New York. If this is all she wants, then after one month, I will be in the city of dreams.

"We're just going to Kenya, Zimbabwe and Cameroon. Don't worry, we'll have our private airplane." she explained to me, she is excited, I can say.

"Okay," I agreed. She happily stood up from the chair and hugged me.

She whispered, "Thanks, Raine."

I just sat at the bed not hugging her back.

She let go of the hug and smiled at me. "Take a rest now, okay?"

I faked a smile.

She left my room, grinning. If I was the little Raine, I will hug her and will ask her to go with me in New York but no, I am not her anymore. The old Raine is gone...

I know I need this. I don't have enough money to start a life in New York but this one is a great idea. I'll go to New York in one month. You can do this, Raine. I know you can.

Thank God, normal days passed by. Yes, normal. No arguments with Lori, skateboarding, strolling with Liam, just normal.

"Raine, we'll wait you inside the car!" Liam said downstairs.

This is the beginning of living life in hell, just kidding, this is the start of the medical mission.

"I'm coming!"

I grabbed my backpack and got my luggage. I ran downstairs. I locked the front door and quickly went to the van. Liam told me we will be with other people but I didn't care. I sat on my designated seat.

"Hi guys, this is Raine, my daughter." Lori introduced me with her co-workers. I looked at them.

"Oh, so it's Raine huh?" I heard a familiar voice. Oh god, not him. I looked at him. And my eyes widened but I immediately hid my expression. What the hell?

"Hi Raine." He greeted me with a smirk on his face. I hate his face, would he please remove it? I am still looking at him. His hair is messy and still floppy. He is wearing a white shirt.

"I am Louis Tomlinson." He offered me his hand, I looked at Liam infront of me and he was waiting for me to accept this boy's hand. So I did.

"Raine." I said as if he still doesn't know my name.

His smirk, I can tell he is teasing me. Like "you can't turn away from me" now.

So why am I sitting beside him? Of all people, why him? Of all places, why the seat beside him? Fuck my life.