We're gonna be late!

Hey! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the smell of pancakes floating in the air, assaulting my nose and my dog Sandy licking my face.

I ruffled her hair and shooed her off me, yawning I stretched and scratched my eyes.

“Clare! Come down for breakfast.” Mom screamed at the bottom of the stairs.

”Coming” I said while slowly getting out of bed.

I took a quick shower and dressed in a black baggy shorts and a hot pink t-shirt. I slowly crawled down stairs and flopped down in my chair.

”I’m here”. She looked over at me from the stove

“Well that’s good for you,” She said will turn back around “but I’m not goanna share your breakfast for you”,mom retorted.

Getting out of my chair I made my way to the cupboard with the stacks of plates.

With a clack I removed a red plate, my favorite colour, and made my way over to the pile of pancakes on the island.

I dragged some unto my plate and poured maple syrup all over it.

I ambushed the plate and after a couple of minutes there was nothing left of the sticky-sweet goodness.

I frowned and peeked at my mother who was now making her way over.

Quickly, I leaned over and made a grab for more but was too late as my mother slapped my hand away, “nu-uh, leave some for other people.”

As if on cue my sister made her way down the stairs yawning Sandy trailing behind.

”Morning everyone”,

“Hey”i said looking up

“Morning sweetheart” my mom said looking over at her.

”I could smell pancakes all the way from my room” she yawned

“Oh, that’s why you woke so early” mom said smiling.

”Yah” she said while yawning and stretching.

I got up and disposed of my plate in the sink.

“Mom, I’m going to the mall with Shan-aye today. Is that okay?” “Sure, who’s driving?” “Shan’s brother” “Okay” she shrugged.

I smiled and made my way to my room.

I exchanged my shorts for jeans and slippers and made my way down stairs as I heard a car.

I ran into my BFF…or more like crashed into her open arms as she was coming up the stairs... ”what’s up!” said my over excited bestie.

”Can’t wait to go SHOPPING” she shrieked before I could reply she continued

“We better get you some more clothes for the trip!” ”Yeah” I agreed.

She looked at me for what seemed for ages until she said “I’m goanna miss you so much…”

“It’s not like I’ll be gone forever, it’s just for the summer”

“Yeah I know but I’ll be here all by myself.” She said sighing. “No you won’t you’ll have Dory and probably Tasha”

“They’re not as fun to hang with as you” she countered

“I know” I smiled” but you aren’t goanna be alone”

“that’s not true, Tasha will be at Dance Academy and Dory is thinking to sign up for swimming.”

“Then sign up too, you love swimming”

“Well…I’m still goanna miss you”

“I’m goanna miss you too “I smiled weakly.

We stood in silence for a couple of minutes before I heard someone clear their throat, jumping at the sudden noise.

”We don’t have all day you know, the guys are waiting on me” Demar, Shan’s brother, said impatiently.

Shan frowned at him will making her way to the door “whatever D”

I quickly followed her while trying not to making eye contact with him.

I soon heard the front door lock after him and footsteps behind me “Can’t you guys walk a little faster, I’m already late”.

I quickened my pace, nearly knocking over Shan as I jumped in the car.

“Mind where you’re going Clare”

“Sorry” I mumbled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all you chicas, Remember to RCV!!!....and eat chicken!