❄ Chapter Four ❄

"Where's my wallet?"

          Moose and Babs walked into Candy's office to find Elliot tearing the entire place apart. It's sad that they didn't even blink an eye. Ever since Elliot crashed into the chairs, Candy decided that they would do all their work and business from her own private office/her husband's office.

          It was ginormous.

          They had worked there for all of three day s and they have grown way too used to it. They leave their mugs everywhere without coasters and their gingerbread cookie crumbs fall wherever they choose to go.

          It was anarchy and Moose loved it.

          "So...how's the race track coming along?" Babs asked, bending over to try to see Elliot who was sticking his head in a box.

          "My wallet," a muffled voice said. Babs nodded wordlessly and slipped over to her less insane (but not by much) best friend.

          "He's never acted like this before. You think this' what Emily was sayin'?" Babs asked, leaning close to Moose's ear. The other girl shrugged and dropped her bag on the table.

          "I know what to do," Moose whispered. She raised her voice. "What does it look like?"

          He pulled his head out, but was still hunched over. "It's brown."

          Moose scoffed. "How helpful."

          He laughed. "Yeah. It's brown and square. Ish. It's masculine."

          Moose and Babs looked at each other after that last sentence. "That literally means nothing to us. Is it rectangular?"

          He nodded. "Sort of."

          Moose sighed and held up her fingers. "So it's a brown wallet that is both a square and a rectangle and supposedly "masculine" and we're supposed to find it in this huge room filled wall to wall with privileged white man shit."

          Babs held up her fist and Moose bumped it before going to help the search. She had a feeling Elliot was the sort of person who would not rest until he found what he was looking for; those people could get kind of annoying at times.

          "It has my permit and scuba license," he complained, looking in some drawers.

          Babs choked while Moose snorted. "Scuba license?"

          He stood up fully and marched over to her, "Well, exca-use me, but some people like scuba diving. You got a problem? Wanna fight?"

          Moose stared at him (she's had to do that a lot) and slowly pushed him to the respectable standing distance instead of close enough to kiss. Or hug. Kissing just popped up, that meant nothing.

          "I should just make a new account to document you idiots." The two turned to see Babs giggling over her phone.

          Moose bit her lip and pounced at the chair in front of Babs. The other girl shrieked and jumped off her chair, racing to the other side of the room. Moose slipped on the ground, cackling as the two raced around the room trying to get the phone. (Not really).

          But Babs, in the heat of the moment, is smarter and way more coordinated than Moose. She ran forward, going in front of her, so she'd think she would get a shortcut. She sped forward, sure she was going to get her, but then Babs pulled back at the last second. And Moose couldn't.

          So she ran straight into Elliot "can't find my wallet" Kringle.

          They crashed into a pile of boxes and books, everything crashing around them. Babs cackled, her phone out, as Moose and Elliot struggled to stand up. Moose shoved off some books that had fallen on her, but was tossed to the side when Elliot jumped up.