Chapter 5 - I Rather Be Poor and Happy Then Rich and Unhappy

I rang Alexander's doorbell, waiting to be ushered inside. There are 2 sides to my neighbourhood, the gated and the none gated areas. The very few who could actually afford mansions lived inside the gated dome and the people that didn't, lived on the outer parts of the gate. Alex was one of the very few that owned a mansion. I chose to wear a short black skirt and a plain blouse. As usual my hair was done in a bun and I wore my demented glasses. Alex opened the door, scanning my body from top to toe.

Alex scrunched his nose. ''What are you wearing?'' He wore a tailer made tuxedo and his blonde hair was combed back with gel. His biceps bulged out of his long sleeve every time he flexed. He looked 5 years older and twice as sexy.

I squinted at him while trying to cover my heart attack. ''Clothes.'' ''It's just a study date, why do I have to look so grand, why do you look so grand?'' I kept metal notes on how many times he asked me to dress nicely. Why was he was so keen for me to look pretty?

He grunted before pulling me inside. ''Hey Jasmine, I've got something to tell you...'' His voice trailed off.

I raised one of my eyebrows. ''What?'' I said lamely. Are you going to confess you sexuality?

''My family is hosting a party for me and my future fiancés, they'll be home in half an hour.'' He smiled wickedly.

I gaped. ''What?! Why am I here?'' And why do you have a fiancé?''

''You see, my parents want more money so they set me up with some chick I don't even know. I need you to be my pretend girlfriend for the next couple of hours... And then you can leave.'' He pulled my arm towards the stair case and I stopped, ripping my arm out of his hands.

''What happened to the study date?'' I clenched and unclenched my fingers.

He pulled my arm again. ''That can wait.'' No wonder he was so eager on our little study date, he needed me. He was using me.

I again, tore my arm out of his hands. I ran to the double door way making sure I bumped into his shoulder as I did. He caught up to me and we each grabbed a knob. Alex pulled one of the doors and I pushed the other, he was purposely trying to ruin my getaway. I growled at him.

''Alex. Let go.''

He growled at me as well. ''I can't! Look I'll do the whole biography crap and I'll tutor you for math if you just do this.''

I stopped tugging door, that sounded tempting. My average grade for math is a C+ and I needed to find a job A.S.A.P. I turned around, giving him my full attention. I sighed.

''Fine, what do I have to do?''

He grinned while lightly pushing onto my back. ''Just follow me.''

I felt tingles go down my spine - more in shock then in nervousness (I think). He guided me through the spirally stair case and into a great bedroom. Everything was in different shades of brown, green and gold. It was a mix of modern and old, there was round velvet couch in the middle of the room, a marble fire place and a bed with its own palace like roof top.

Two women sat cross legged at the back of the room. There pear shaped bodies and replica faces were all too familiar. Rose and Rosie's posture stiffened as I walked inside. Alex gave us a brief introduction. I hid my face with my hand, blocking the light out of my eyes - even though there wasn't any. Alex sat on the bed with his hands behind his head.

''Ladies, I want you to transform Jasmine, make her stunning.''

The ladies bowed. ''Yes Young Master.'' Rosie and Rose ushered me through another room.

I was guided through an enormous walk in wardrobe, clothes hung on my left and right sides and make up and accessories were placed at the back. They looked at me strangely. Rosie spoke.