Chapter Five: Writer's Block

*****REFERENCES IN THIS CHAPTER ARE NOT ACCURATE********

    I get why they call it writer's block.

    Because it feels like there is a ginat block in the middle of my brain. 

    I sat down next to Ryan. We were spending all night eating ice cream and watching a movie. "The  most effective home remedy for writer's block" he had said. 

    "So what movie are we watching?" I asked, putting a spoonful of mint chip ice cream in my mouth. I was eating straight from the tub. It was the only way for me. 

    "Ummm... I don't know," he said bent over, looking at the array of DVDs sat on his bottom shelf. His chocolate ice cream was right next to him. The spoon was sticking out of the tub. Once again, it was the only way. 

    "Fast and Furios 2?" he suggested.

    "Too fast." I said.

    "Fast and Furious 3?"

    "Too furious." 

    "Mean Girls?"

    "Why do you even own that."

    He shrugged. "It's funny." he said.

    "Leave it out, we'll watch it later." I said. 

   He put the DVD on the coffee table and went back to the shelf. "Hmmmm, let's see," he said. "What aboouut... Psycho?" 

    "Ooh yes, leave it out." I said. Vintage scary movies were my favorite. 

    He put it next to Mean Girls. "I've also got The Shining and Gaslight."

    "YES." I said excitedly. 

    He laughed and set them on the coffee table. "Oh. I've got it. The Titanic." 

    I laughed so hard some mint chip went up my nose.

    "You... Have.... The Titanic??" was all that I could say inbetween laughs. 

    "Yes... Where did it just go?" there were so many DVDs on that one shelf that he lost it. 

    "Where is Leonardo DiCaprio's Oscar?" I said pointedly. 

    "Toucheé." he said. 

   He continued looking through the DVDs. We also picked The Outsiders, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, Say Anything, and of course, The Breakfast Club. Man, we were gona have one hell of a night. 

   "Oh my god we have to watch this. It's my favorite." he said, pulling out The Wall. 

    "Okay." I said. I wasn't one bit surprised that The Wall was Ryan's favorite movie. 

    He popped in the first DVD and sat down next to me. The first movie we were watching was Psycho. I made myself comfortable under the huge blanket we were sharing. 

     To most people, black and white movies were tiring to the eyes. Not to me. I loved black and white movies. I loved how you were able to decide the exact color for yourself. I mean, you could tell if someone's hair was blonde or brunette, or if something was light or dark, but you couldn't exactly see the shade. It gave the viewer room for imagination. Like reading a book. Which, is why people liked books better than movies. The movie didn't go as they imagined it, so they get sad. Of course it's also because when people ask for a book to be made into a movie they mean to make an 18 hour film that had every detail in it with the main characters thought and not changing a single thing even if it has sex scenes. But even then, it doesn't always come out the exact way everyone thinks, since everyone has a different view on things. At least with black and white, we could all color the movie in ourselves.