Chapter Four: The Writing Portion

"RISE AND SHINE HALEY!" I woke up to someone jumping on my bed. Brendon. 

    "Noooooooo." I said, pushing the pillow over my head. 

    "COME ONNNN PLEEEEEEEEASE." he was still jumping.

    I threw a pillow at his head. "SHUT UP."

    "NOT UNTIL YOU RISE AND SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A FUCKING DIAMOND." 

    I threw another pillow. "How did you even get into my room?!"

    "I'm a master at locks." he said nonchalantly, smirking. He finally stopped jumping and sat on my bed.

    I thought for a second. So let's get this straight. Brendon Urie is a master at picking locks. ...Okay then. But why was he even waking me up at... I checked my clock. SIX A.M.?! 

    "Brendon," I started sweetly, "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU IN MY ROOM AT SIX A.M." 

    "A little too early to shout, don't you think Hayley?"

    I gave him a "oh, you're on to talk" look. Then, I said, "I'm not leaving this bed. Now go." I waved him off and shut my eyes again.

    "But you haaaaaaave to." he said as he shook me. "We have to start writing."

    Writing? I didn't know we were already going to start writing. And besides, didn't Ryan do all of the songwriting in the band? I thought we were just going to leve it all to him, being the poet he is and all.

    "Why so early?" I asked.

    "Ryan said the mind is most 'colorful' early in the morning."

    "Yeah, more colorful than his fag- I mean flag." I laughed at my own joke. "And besides, that's at night."

    "Well Ryan says it's in the morning." Brendon crossed his arms.

    I  sighed. "Well, then my mind probably has a disorder. I'll be sure to check it out when I wake up at a normal hour." a normal hour for me was around noon.

   "HAYLEY NICHOLE WILLIAMS-"

   "how do you know my middle name-" I looked at him blankly.

   "-YOU GET OUT OF THIS BED IMMEDIATELY." 

    I was kind of hoping you'd come in. 

   I sighed again. "Fine. You win. I'll get up."

    Brendon looked at me triumphantly. "I knew you'd give in."

    I ruffled his hair as I walked past him to my bathroom. Why did Ryan want to do the songwriting so early? I could barely even pour coffee in the morning. What made him think that I could write a whole song? And besides, I thought he did the writing. I didn't know we were going to help.

    "You better not be going through my underwear drawer." I told Brendon while brushing my teeth.

    "BITCH I MIGHT BE."

    "STOP YELLING, IT'S SIX A.M."

    "OH REALLY?!" he screamed.

    "REALLY." I screamed back.

    I looked through the doorway, and Brendon was sitting on the edge of my bed, looking on his phone. 

    "So where's the rest of the gang." I asked him.

    "We split up to try and wake up the three of you." said Brendon.

    I spit and washed my mouth. "I hope whoever gets Jeremy is strong, because that guy is even tougher than I am in the mornings."