Chapter Six: Ghost Writer

****FYI: KROQ is a station that plays rock and alternative, it's my favorite. And KIIS FM is a station that Ryan Seacrest hosts every morning. He has this segment called Ryan's roses where women who think their significant other is cheating on them so a girl who works at the studio, Patty, calls the guy saying she is giving out free roses and all she needs is a name of the person they want to send them to and a note. What they say usually tells on if they're cheating or not. So then, Ryan reveals that he's on Ryan's Roses and they sort out everything with their girfriend/wife, usually with a bunch of yelling with the couple and ending badly.

You'll get why this is important when you start reading. 

    I woke up the next morning on the floor next to my notebook. Ryan was adjacent to me on the other side of the coffee table, at my feet, snoring softly. 

    "Ry, wake up." I said groggily. 

    He groaned "Five more minutes." he whined. 

    "Oh please I invented that lie." I said. "Now get up." 

    "No." he said. He was faced down on his pillow now, so it came out muffled. 

    "It's noon. Don't be a little shit and get up." This was coming from the person who woke up at this time every day.

    He sighed. "Alright. Fine." He hit me in the head with a pillow. "I'm up now." he smiled at me sweetly. 

**

    We threw the now empty (yes we finished them) tubs of ice cream in the trash. Ryan gave me a spare toothbrush to use. 

    As I was squeezing toothpaste onto it, Ryan took his phone and put Bang the Doldrums by Fall Out Boy. 

    "Your music choice was so utterly predictable." I said. 

    "Oh you know you love it." he cooed, putting the toothbrush in his mouth and scrubbing vigorously. 

    We got ready like people in musicals do. With tons of dance and energy. It was Ryan's music, so mostly Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance, but I didn't care much because I loved both of those  bands.

    Since I didn't really ever think of even sleeping at Ryan's (I never think things through), I wore one of his Fall Out Boy t-shirt and my skinny jeans that I wore yesterday before we both changed into our pajamas. And obviously my old beat up converse with faded song lyircs that I wrote when I got bored during a rehearsal one day.

     We hopped in Ryan's old Chevy and headed out. 

    "So you think the guys are awake yet?" I asked.

    "Shit I forgot about them," he said, "Should we call them." he picked up his phone.

    "Nonononono," I said, putting my hand over his phone. A mischevous look crawled over my face. "I've got a better idea." 

    Fifteen minutes later we were in Brendon's driveway. 

   "Alright," I started, "You stay here. I think my nails are long enough to pick the lock. Or maybe I could use a cre-"

    "Don't be silly." he said, fiddling through his pocket. "I have a key." 

    "Ohhhh yeah, I forgot. Couples give each other keys to their houses."

    "Just go in there and get the damn boy." he said.

    I snatached the key from his hand and opened the door.

    "Oh and Hayley."

    "Yeah?"

    "What I said yesterday, about... you know. It wasn't true."