41

"Luke!" I laugh, "Stop!" I can't help but laugh. Luke's tickles are the best, especially his morning tickles.

"But I love your laugh," He smiles.

"Hahaha it's too early for this,"

"It's never too early" Luke says.

Luke holds me down with his body between my legs.

"You know what it's never too early for?" Luke smirks.

"Luke!" I giggle.

"Okay babe, the time will come,"

"It's not that I don't want to...I just..."

"What's wrong?" Luke asks with concern. He gets off of me and sits up. I follow his motion as he brings me onto his lap.

"Nothing...I'm just...it's nothing Luke..."

"Jazmine......."

"I haven't got my period."

"How long has it been???"

"It's been over a month, and I've been having these really bad cramps and all these cravings and I just..." I rambled, but Luke suddenly cut me off.

"Calm down...don't worry about anything...Why don't we...uh...why don't we go to the doctor or something?" Luke suggest.

*at the doctors office*

"Hi, have a seat, I'm Dr. Sharel," The doctor introduces herself.

"Good morning!" Luke and I say in unison.

"So what can I help you with?" Dr. Sharel politely asks.

"Well...I'm late," I answer.

"I see...do you mind if I ask you a personal question?" asks Dr.Sharel.

"Sure, go ahead." I persuade her question, not knowing what 'personal' kind of question it was going to be.

"When was the last time you two had a sexual interaction?" She sternly asks.

Luke turns to me and smirks, "About a month ago...well a little over a month ago,"

"Okay, so I'm gonna schedule an ultrasound, follow me to the room,"

We follow the doctor to the ultrasound room, and I could feel my heart jump a beat.

"Don't worry about anything babe..." Luke assures me while sliding his arm around my waist.

"I'm not worried or scared, I'm just happy...happy nerves...I don't know how to explain it," I tell Luke.

"Okay, we're here." The doctor informs us. "Okay Jazmine, I'm gonna need you to lay down and lift your shirt up just enough for me to see your belly,"

I do as the doctor says, watching her pull out some bottle of gel.

"Lube?" Luke questions making me laugh.

"I don't think that would be appropriate in this situation Mr.Hemmings," Doctor laughs.

"Sorry ma'am" Luke apologizes.

She rubs the gel on my stomach and it starts to feel cold. The doctor pulls out a stick and starts to caress my abdomen with it.

"This helps us with the ultrasound, it's kind of like an X-Ray for your belly," Doctor tells us, " three and a half weeks might be a little too early for anything to show up on the monitor , but I may be able to catch something-AH HA!"

She shouts and it startles me.

"I'm sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Hemmings, but take a look at this, if you look right here...this is your baby..." She pauses and smiles, "Congratulations! You are now parents!"

Out of no where Luke plants a kiss on my lips, "I'm a dad and your the mom of my kid and my wife...my beautiful beautiful wife!"

"I love you Luke..." I pull him back into the kiss.

"I can't wait to have this baby with you!" Luke tells me. The fact that Luke is so excited makes my heart melt.

"I love you...." Luke says with subtlety in his voice.

This is the life. I'm married to the person who makes me feel so special and loved and know I'm going to have a baby with him. This life is the best yet. All the troubles that I went through no longer matter. The past is no longer existent.

Right now...in this moment...no one could be as happy and excited as I am. I love Luke and I'm sure as hell going to love my baby.

_______________________________________