Chapter 5: Status Quo

~ Sam's POV ~

I turn around and find Masaki, the Japanese guy I met during registration day smiling back at me.

I could see Francisco looking at him and he asks, "You know him?" Masaki looks at him confused, "Him?" Luckily I reach where Masaki is at before my entire secret is revealed and push him slightly to the side, just far away from douchico & company.

"What happened to your hair?" His incredibly hot accent getting to me. No, okay stop Sam. Focus. He was touching my hair like a guy would do to a girl until I slapped his hands away. "Stop, I am a man!" I replied to him making sure douchico & company heard. He furrowed his eyebrows like a confused little boy, "What?" Oh my god he is so cute if I wasn't a guy I would have jumped him. "I, uh.. it's a long story that I'll tell you later. Just please pretend that I'm a man from now on, especially near those dumbos." I secretly point to where douchico was. He smiles and lets out a little laugh. "Okay."

Crap, that was close.

"So, how was the talk lovebirds?" Douchico sneered at me while his company laughed. "Don't be mean to my roomie, Chico." A guy with an English accent said as he approached the side of Masaki. "These are my lads, Francisco and Matt." Masaki smiles to them and shakes their hands. "I'm Masaki." Matt comes closer to him, "Holy fucking shit, man. You're the first Japanese guy I've ever met who's good in English." Matt was so amazed he kept asking Masaki to say things. Poor Masaki.

"So, how about your roomies?" A blonde and incredibly buff man pointed to us. "Uh, that's Ian and Sam." Replied Francisco with no interest whatsoever. Would it kill him to be just a tiny bit nice?

"Hi." Ianne and I let out our hands to shake them. The blonde guy, who is apparently Dan, grabbed Ianne's hands and started carressing it. "What the fuck, bro. Your hands are so smooth." Ianne was staring at Dan like a wonderstruck teenager. I would have to agree, he was pretty attractive. I mean, the entire douchico group is. Too bad the leader's a complete douche.

I pinch Ianne on the side, reminding her that we were guys. She slightly jumped and pulled her hand away from Dan's hold. "Uh.. that's so gay." Ianne awkwardly replies that made everyone laugh.

"Aye Chico. I saw you got bombarded by ladies again." Nico teased douchico and he just smiles like the conceited person he is. "You already know these chicks." He winked. Ugh, what an annoying twat.

"We're gonna head off now." I say to the guys in a pissed off way. "Wait what, you're leaving? You haven't even met our other roomie." Nico said dissapointed. Why did he sound so dissapointed like I was his girlfriend and I needed to go?

The other guys looked at him weirdly. "I mean...." Nico was in an awkward situation trying to reason himself out. Luckily for him, the roomie he was talking about arrived right on queue.

"Hi. I'm Nathan." A tall, fairly thin, green-eyed man spoke with an English accent as well. I don't know if he had some kind of vibe with him or something but Ianne who was right beside me tensed up immediately as soon as he showed up.

I look at her with eyes that asked, "What's wrong?" And for some reason I heard her mentally say, "It's the guy from the library."

Oh shit.

"U-um, hi. Nice to meet you, gotta go now." I nervously spoke in front of the guys while awkwardly trying to block Ianne from Nathan's view. The guys looked at us like we were naked.

And at that moment, I took the courage to run for it with Ianne. I nudge her giving her a sign that we should run, and we did.. like our lives depended on it. I catch douchico's mouth movements when I looked back..

"Told you they were fucking weird."

God, I hate him.

~ Francisco's POV ~

"Can we eat at Pizza Fry tonight?" Dan asked, looking at me.

Everything was dependent on me when it came to our group. Where we eat, where we go, who we associate with, who we dislike, when do we do that, or when do we don't, etcetera etcetera. It was like I was their dad and they were all 5 years old who could barely do anything by themselves when we're together. Keep in mind, when we're together. They could do anything they want when we're not around each other. That's why we're still the most successful players of our own games or sports. But still, not that I'm complaining or anything that my group is completely dependent on me - it feels great to be great. Sometimes it's just a burden.

"Yeah, sure. I've been craving for pizza anyway." They look at me with bright smiles. This was my group. And I loved each and everyone of them.. in a non-homo way.

"Who are you texting?" Matt turns to Nico who was smiling so big in front of his phone. "Sam." He replied with such a huge smile on his face. His face looked like it was exploding rainbows.

"Sam? Like our roomie Sam?" I point to Matt and I. "Yeah, why? He seems cool." Nico replies calmly. "No fucking way am I letting that Sam to our night-out. And how the fuck did you even get his number?" I raise an eyebrow to Nico. I really did want to know. "Seduced the woman in the records." He winked. The boys laughed and applauded Nico for his work. But I was not one bit amused.. because for the first time ever, my mate is going against me.

Who the fuck is Sam and Ian, and how the fuck are they changing the status quo?