Chapter 7: Think Fast

~ Francisco's POV ~

I don't know what to do. Ever since that day I kissed Sam all I could think about was how it possibly happened and why I didn't feel as bad as I'm supposed to feel. If some other guy kissed me, accident or not, I would have punched him in the face until he bled. I wouldn't even care if I got expelled, no one kisses me. But why am I not mad at this guy?! What is so different about him that I just can't grasp?!

Just then, the door opened and Matt came up to me. "Yo, we're going out for some burgers. You coming?" He asked with his eyes on his phone.

"Uh, nah. Need some thinking time." I answered him as I laid down on my bed.

"You've had enough thinking time for a week about that kiss, Chico. You've been skipping classes for it even." Matt looked up at me with an expression that said 'what the fuck is wrong with you'.

"I know you're probably thinking that I'm crazy for letting this affect me way too much, but I just don't get it, okay." I told Matt and let out a deep sigh of frustration.

"Get what?" He looked at me confused.

"That I don't feel mad at him for any reason. You know me, I would have kicked a guy's ass the moment I found out that we kissed, but how is this Sam Callaway dude any different? I don't fucking get it!" I messed up my hair from so much frustration and rolled to the other side of my bed.

"Maybe you've turned gay." Matt answered in monotone.

Maybe you've turned gay. The words repeated in my head until I started doubting my own gender. What if I did turn gay? I mean, that could be the only explanation for it, right?! But no, I can't be gay. I love girls and boobs and asses and the way they smelled like strawberries and vanilla??? Guys don't have boobs or asses and most definitely do not smell like strawberries and vanilla. This is not right. I need to get a hold of myself.

"Fuck you, Matt." I stood up from my bed and regained my composure, dusting myself off and looking at Matt who was surprised by my sudden movements.

"So are you just gonna stare at me or are we gonna eat some burgers?" I raised my brow at him and he immediately stood up, following me to the door.

~ Sam's POV ~

It's been a week and trying to avoid Francisco as much as possible has been pretty successful. I've only seen him once and that was when I was crossing the street and he was at the other side. You'd think it'd be impossible for roommates to not see each other but I actually proved myself wrong. I just had to figure out what his daily pattern was then after that, I could perfectly avoid him. Ianne doesn't like it though because she loved having lunch in our room but since lunch is when they're usually in the room after his football practice, that is an absolute no. I wish it didn't have to be this way. But for me to survive this term without being caught, I had to do everything it took.

Sometimes I feel like if I wasn't acting as a guy but as me, I'd probably have admitted that that kiss, even though it was an accident, sent shivers down my spine. And actual butterflies. Something I've never felt in a looooong time.

"Psssst, what deep thought are you having now?" Ianne asked while poking me and I just shrugged, can't be bothered to answer.

"Yeah, right. Still thinking about loverboy?" She teased with a smirk.

"Oh shut up. I don't even like him." I answered, obviously lying.

"We promised not to lie to each other, you hoe." Ianne narrowed her eyes at me and pinched my arm.

"Ow! Yeah yeah okay fine maybe I do, maybe I don't. I'm not sure yet, okay. Besides, even if I did, we have no chances ever." I let out a sigh and looked up at the sky. We just finished our classes for the day so me and Ianne decided to come out and relax in the park. We really did love nature so we were usually here after class, plus the fact that I have to avoid douchico and he never goes near the park, not unless there are hot girls.