Chapter 3: Callaway Brothers

"Got everything with you?" Sam took Ianne's bag and opened it scanning the things inside. "Where's the check mom gave us?" She lifted her head back up to look at Ianne who was busy typing on her phone. "Dude! Are you listening to me?" Waving her hand in front of Ianne's face. "Mhm, yeah. Go on." Ianne replying with no sense of interest whatsoever, her eyes glued to the little screen of her phone. "Give me that." Sam forcefully grabbed Ianne's phone from her hand and pushed her bag back to her. "Dude what the hell, GIVE IT BACK!" Even with Ianne's endless atempts on getting her phone back, Sam continued scrolling through her messages.

"I just didn't want to give you a hand down book so :)" "That's extremely thoughtful. Thanks Ianne. :)"

"Still in contact with the loverboy, I see." Sam gave Ianne a wink. "UGH FUCK OFF. GIVE IT BACK." Ianne was getting mad at Sam because she didn't like it when others read her messages, especially if it was from Nathan, the guy from the library. She remembers it all too well even after a few months had already passed. "Fine." Sam tossed the phone and Ianne quickly jumped to catch her flying phone. Luckily, no harm was done.

"Did you hear what I said awhile ago?" Sam looked back at Ianne who was not anymore distracted by her phone. "OF COURSE... not." Ianne replied teasingly. "Of course you didn't." Sam let out a scoff. "I asked where the check was that mom gave us. I told you to put it in your bag, remember? We can't go inside school without it." Sam seemed to be in the responsible mood. It is the first day of school after all. "It's in my wallet, okay? Now can we just go. We might be late." Ianne passed Sam and headed first to the door. "Aish, this girl really. Doesn't listen to any word I say." Sam murmured to herself.

Last week they had a discussion of when it would be best to move in the dorms of Lancer University and both decided that the first day is acceptable since none of them had classes yet. Both Ianne and Sam were taking up a business course so they basically had the same schedule, wherein their first day of classes was technically the 10th of September. "How can we be late if we don't even have classes?" Sam rhetorically asked Ianne. "Oh yeah...." Ianne suddenly remembering what they had talked about before. Sam gave Ianne back a smirk as she moved the gear shift to drive.

~*~

"MALES?!" Sam looked at their registration paper and sure enough, as clear as it can be in blue stamp, Male Dorm. "How the heck are we males?!" Sam kept flipping the papers back to back hoping it would change. "It was that old lady who didn't even look at us! What the fuck, we have to tell them to change this. Come on." Ianne grabbed Sam's hand as they walked, well.. more like stomped back to the registration area. And there they saw on the billboard in bold letters, WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING FEMALE APPLICANTS DUE TO OVERCAPACITY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND CONSIDERATION. Try again next term.

Ianne and Sam looked at each other in disbelief as they  stood there in front of the billboard for a couple of minutes until, "We can't tell." Sam looked Ianne straight in the eyes. "What do you mean?" Asked Ianne confused. "I mean, if we tell them now that we're females.. we're out of our dream school." Sam averted her gaze to the ground, completely dismayed. "What are you talking about? Are you crazy?" Ianne talking against her sister's idea. "Do you have any idea how much work we put in everything to get in our dream school?! Do you want it to just end like this? Do you?!" Sam forcefully sharing her point. Ianne looked around their surroundings - green grass, bright sun, tall buildings, smiling students.. this was her dream school ever since she was 12. She kept repeating "male" and "dream school" over and over again in her head until she decided, "Oh fuck me. Fine. Let's do this. It's just for one term anyway." Sam lit up like a kid on Christmas eve and hugged Ianne. "YES OH MY BAJEEBIES. THANK YOU." "..now what though? We can't go inside the male dorm with long hair, girly things, oh and extremely obvious boobs." Ianne showing off her assets making Sam burst into laughter. "You know what I'm thinking?" Sam looked at Ianne with a mysterious smile. "Shop-" "PING!" The two high-fived each other as they went hopping happily to the nearest mall, Winchester Plaza.