.04

"cause we don't, we don't need to talk about this now, yeah, we've been down that road before. that was then and this is now."

dan remembered the first time they brought up the issue during one of their late-night serious talks. what happened in the past silently haunted them both, and they knew it. phil sighed at the thought of talking about it and dan just stayed quiet. he decided it was best to get it over with, but phil put it off. he told dan that they shouldn't ruin the moment by talking about that and that they could talk about it later. dan just nodded and looked down. phil picked up his chin and pressed a kind kiss to his lips.

"i love you, okay? i don't want to jeopardize that." phil spoke softly. dan could still hear those words replaying in his mind and could remember the moment as easily as he knew the times table.

"i know, i love you, too. i'm sorry, bringing that up was stupid of me." dan looked phil in the eye.

"hey, hey, you're not stupid for bringing that up at all. we definitely need to talk about it sometime, i just don't want to do it now." phil asked if he could kiss dan with his eyes and dan nodded.

that kiss, when they were the closest, was dan's favourite kiss they'd ever shared. it was slow and sweet with just the right amount of 'umph' and 'i love you' in it.

the next time dan brought it up, phil just sighed and looked away.

"listen, okay? that was the past, this is the present. we don't need to talk about that right now, okay? we've been down the fight-road and i don't want to go down that road again. i love you, okay?" dan nodded and whispered a small, "i love you, too," before going to bed.

that was the last time dan tried to bring that up intentionally.