Chapter 8: Jacob

HELLO HANGOVER! I'm so ecstatic that you're here.

      That's how I welcome hangover. It's gonna be here for a while.

      Hangover is killing me, figuratively, not literally. I just want to smash my head to the wall to end the pain. I definitely deserve this for having a drinking spree. I'm pretty used to it.

      Since this f*cking hangover is sticking around for a while, I might as well inform Karen that I can't show myself in my office again. Don't worry guys, I'm not losing money for this. Trust me.

      It's a good thing I put my phone on the bedside table so I don't need to get off my bed. I'm a genius.

(Calling Karen...)

      "Good morning, Sir Jacob!" Karen greeted me after picking up the phone.

      "Wow, you seem excited. What's up?" I asked her while enduring the pain.

      "Sir, I was just finished talking to Mr. Vasquez. He said that he would consider your offer. Do you want me to set a date for the contract signing?" She informed me.

      That's great news! I could use a great news right now. I've been wanting to buy shares in MV Real Estates owned by Mariano Vasquez. I'm so glad he agreed with my terms. This news is going to be splashed all over the media tomorrow or later than that.

      As much as I want to celebrate, I couldn't because of hangover. I don't think I'd be able to drink again anytime soon.

      "Please do. I want you to set it this week. I'll give you the complete details tomorrow. One more thing, I can't come to the office today," I said while rubbing my temple.

      "Okay sir. Why?" She curiously asked. I'm expecting this question and I know the answer that will shut her up.

      "Hangover," I said sternly.

      "Oh. See you tomorrow sir," she said after the long pause then she hung up. I chuckled.

      I know that reaction. She definitely remembered the last time when I came to my office with hangover.

These are the reasons why I should NEVER come to my office with hangover:

1. I scream and yell at people all the time.
  - I was screaming and yelling at every employee of my company, including the board members. They have to get their ears checked because of me. Some of them quit their jobs after I constantly screamed at them. I don't care anyways.

2. I throw things at people.
  - Whenever I get pissed, I just pick whatever my hand grabs and throws it to someone but I never did that when I'm sober. I actually threw my MacBook Air once to a random employee because he handed me the wrong financial reports for the month. He died. I'm just kidding! He just had a bruise on his face. Nothing to worry about.

3. I make my employees cry, literally.
  - I started yelling and throwing things at the whole Marketing Department after their presentation because they presented a ridiculous and idiotic marketing strategy plan. I may have or may not have intentionally shamed them in front of my other employees, three of them cried afterwards. It got ugly.

4. People lost their jobs.
  - I fired 10 people in the first three hours then 20 more people later so, that's a total of 30 people who got fired in the whole day. I received an endless scolding from my parents when they found out about it. Yeah, this is the worst part of all.