Chapter 2: Jacob

F*CK!

I can't believe that my employees would screw up their f*cking presentation to Montenegro Corporation. Thanks to them, I lost the deal with the Montenegros! I could have presented it better than those idiots. I know that I shouldn't call them idiots but this is the second time they screw up with our second potential investor this month. I might fire someone today.

I have the right to be furious because I own the company. I thought they could seal the deal without me but I was wrong. If I hadn't drunk last night I would present the proposal to the Montenegros and probably even made them say yes. I need to cool down.

After minutes of relaxation and unwinding, I finally decided to head back to my office. I had to finish anything that needed to be done for the day.

By the way, I forgot to tell you how much that deal costs. It cost three hundred million pesos! I know, it is a great deal. Good thing I don't need to worry about that because my company is making millions every day. It's still a pretty great deal though, you know?

Before I continue, let me introduce myself. I'm Jacob Andrew McIntyre but my brother calls me Jake. I'm currently 28 years old. My parents are Laura Bennett and John McIntyre. I have a brother named James Nicholas McIntyre but I call him Jim. He's 2 years older than me. I'm the CEO and President of McIntyre Corporation.

"Can someone in this room tell me what happened with the Montenegro deal?" I asked calmly.

We're in the conference room. I'd set up this meeting with the assistant earlier. We need to use this time to strategize and think of our next move since the presentation with the Montenegros didn't go as planned. Also, I have to focus on the next potential investors in the future.

"The Montenegros were nice and gave us good feedback but they declined the offer," Gab answered. I saw his ID.

"Did they tell you guys the reason why they declined?" I asked, trying to be calm.

"They didn't tell us the reason. They didn't exactly say that they declined the offer. Their exact words are 'we'll think about it' and 'we'll give you an update in a week'." A short-haired girl answered timidly.

"Damn it! That means the chances of getting them to invest are slim to zero. In this case, we have to brainstorm new ideas for our future partners. What's on your mind guys?" There's no time to cry about what happened. Business is business.

I hate when someone keeps going around circles instead of spilling out the truth. People tend to expect things because of it. My tip, be straightforward. I always expect the worst. It's not that I'm being negative, I'm just thinking of possible ways to avoid this in the future.

"Here's your coffee, Sir," my assistant said.

"Thanks," I stated after she put the coffee on the conference table.

The meeting went on for an hour. We'd talked about the new game plan. It's a good thing that I'm in the mood to conceive a new marketing plan that will increase our monthly income. I won't let any investor say no to our proposals.

Running a business may look like an easy job. It has a lot of perks. It can take you anywhere. The back-end process is where the hard part comes in. If you are not competent to do the job, you're going to die. I'm not kidding.

I have to do everything I can to keep the business up and running.