Chapter 8 - Music Sounds Better With You

I stare at the ceiling of my bedroom as I think about everything that happened tonight; meeting Big Time Rush, being Logan's Worldwide girl, hugs from Kendall and Logan and a kiss on the cheek from Logan.

I smiled to myself as I rewind everything. Best night would be an understatement, I guess? It's more than I asked for. Plus I have a date with Kendall tomorrow.

Right! I almost forgot! How could I almost forget about it?

Should I go? I think I should. It's Kendall, for heaven's sake! He asked me himself. I wasn't dreaming, right?

I tried to sleep and slowly I drifted away.

As I woke up, I checked my phone for the time when Gerald texted me.

[You know, I think you should really go meet that Kendall guy. Just saying.]

Yes, of course I will go!

But, what time exactly? He didn't told me what time I should go? Well, I should prepare now. I could bring a book and read it at the hotel's cafe in case I'm too early.. or maybe too late? I could stay there for a while.

I showered weirdly fast and excited like I was yesterday. Scanning through my closet, I don't know what to wear. I was never out with a guy on a date. I opened the other side of my cabinet where I place most of my unused, too girly clothes mom and dad bought for me. I saw a yellow sundress and a thick brown belt. Well, I think this will do. I put on my matching blue beach glass necklace and bracelet. I borrowed my mom's blue pumps. Well, at least I know how to walk in this since I'm a tourism student and we're required to walk in this but black for university.

Mom and dad didn't bother to ask where I'm headed. That actually bothered me.

I hailed a cab and reached the hotel faster than I thought. I went straight to the cafe but there's no sign of Kendall. I sat on the same spot where Gerald and I were seated the other night.

I read my book for a while unable to concentrate. I consistently look at the cafe's door.

Too bored now, I approached the bartender. "Hi! Uhm, have you noticed an American guy, around the age of 20s. Probably wearing a plaid shirt and sunglasses?"

He just smiled at me for a moment. "Some guy from this band? I heard they already left earlier"

Damn it, Kendall! I went here and wore this yellow dress for nothing?

I stayed at the cafe for a while and continue reading. Now I can't concentrate because I am so annoyed at Kendall and at myself.

I closed the book and this time approached the guy at the lobby. "Hi! Can I just ask if the guys from Big Time Rush are still here?"

He smiled at me this completely awkward smile, "They already left at 7 o'clock in the morning". He should've seen the disappointment at my face. "I'm sorry ma'am. Do you need something else?"

I smiled weakly, "nothing. Well, thanks anyway"

I sat at the couch around the lobby and was actually really disappointed. "Maybe I'll treat myself a movie and an ice cream alone then, huh?" I told myself.

"Or maybe not?" A guy behind me spoke sweetly. I freaked out.

Kendall.

"I'm sorry it took me long to go back here. I got lost"

"But.. The bartender and the guy at the lobby said you already left?" I asked him.

He smiled to me, "I did when the guys checked out and bought you this" He handed me 3 long stemmed yellow tulips, "well, it suits your dress too well"