Chapter 8

Staring up at Chanyeol for a quick second I felt my heart pound.

"What?" I asked him finally out of my paralyzed feature. Chanyeol slowly grinned.

He opened his mouth to speak with such eager words.

"Well, I don't know yet" He winked. "But soon buddy I will know" He patted his back with that same smile in his face. He faced the way inside the restaurant and that smile slowly faded away.

Inhaling with so much stress I didn't know what to do. Chanyeol turned back to face me and started to scratch the back of his neck.

"How about I take you home" He offered. Facing him shocked he only turned slightly to the right while scratching his neck nervously. Even though he looked so adorable doing so I felt bad.

"Chanyeol but you haven't finished your food" I reminded him trying to decline his offer. Chanyeol just shook his head.

"No, I am not hungry anyways" He still insisted. Exhaling, I began to give in.

"Where is your car?" I asked. Chanyeol grinned while somewhat jumping up and down in accomplishment.

"I don't have a car but I have a taxi" He grabbed my wrist before I could even react to his words and lead me to the roads of Seoul streets.

Although we were in total contact with people and young teenage girls walking by Chanyeol tried his best not to be too noticeable to them.

I couldn't help but giggle at how cute I found artist trying their best to hide from the public. Chanyeol though surprised me.

Gasping, I felt two hands wrap around my shoulders and rest his head by my head. I felt his chest on my back as he positioned his body in a tight couple hug.

"Shhh" Chanyeol shushed me softly. Staying quiet, I tried my best to hide Chanyeol as well when I saw three girls passing by trying hard to see Chanyeol.

I felt Chanyeol breath breathe slowly and calm but his heart and grip on me seemed really nervous. Who could blame him though? Who knows how these girls would react to him, and knowing him here they would be curious if the other band members were with us too.

They passed by after just a quick glanced and whispers seconds later. When they were half way of leaving I tried to sigh in relief but one girl caught my attention. She still tried her best to take a peek at the hidden boy on me.

Rolling my eyes and getting the courage to do what I was about to do I smiled.

Turning just enough not to uncover Chanyeol, I put my lips over his pink lips. Not moving or doing anything, I waited patiently until I heard footsteps. Moving away from Chanyeol, he still stood facing me wide eyed.

Only moving my eyes left and right, I poked his cheeks.

"Should we get inside the taxi now?" I asked him. He leaned his head back and faced the sky before bobbing his head forward.

Trying to keep my cool I just smiled at him when he faced me sometimes in the car.

Once the taxi was almost to my place, Chanyeol cleared his throat.

"Thank you buddy for that back there" He began. I nodded and blushed.

"Took you long enough" I tried to play around with him to not seem so awkward. Chanyeol again started to rub the back of his neck.

"I was just too paralyzed" He grinned at me. "You really are different from the girls I've met"

Smiling at him I felt the car come to a stop.

"Well, it was nice meeting you Chanyeol" I thanked him before departing myself. Though, Chanyeol soft hands once again touched my worst and pulled me back.

"The most I could do to my buddy is walk her to the door step" He opened his side of the door and ran to my side and opened it for me to get out.

Feeling the cold breeze hit my face and making my dark brown wavy hair sway with the breeze, I shivered. The sun was at its set still but that didn't stop the cool wind of October.

Chanyeol saw that little hint and started taking off his hoodie.

Handing it to me I only started to reject it.

"Just take if buddy" He smiled. Narrowing my eyes it was hard not to say no once he started to pout.

Rubbing my hands to kick in the warmth fast to give it to Chanyeol before leaving, we walked up the steps to my horror house.

Chanyeol waited by the steps while leaning front and back with the tip of his feet. Turning to the door to knock, I tried to knock normally and in hopes to not get embarrassed by my step dad.

But that was too late.

"KYUNGMI!" He screamed. "IS THAT YOU!"

Closing my eyes, I sighed.

Turning around and slowly awkwardly smiling at Chanyeol before facing the door that was soon going to slam open like always.

On queue out came the man who had just slammed the door open. He heaved at his angry breath.

Gesturing my hands at him I moved to the side for I could introduce Chanyeol to him.

"Chanyeol, this is my 'loving' step father" I shuddered at the word 'loving'.

The old man still didn't leave his contact with me but Chanyeol still bowed at him and said hello.

The old man quickly faced Chanyeol and said hi back but came back to staring straight at me as if he was sending daggers through his eyes.

"Well, thank you for bringing her home" He scoffed. "But where is Minjoo and your darling sister Hana?" He then asked me.

Widening my eyes, I faced Chanyeol back.

"Minjoo" I squeaked to myself. As my step dad waited for an answer, I tried to be loyal with him but then he would just start yelling in front of Chanyeol.

"I- I-" I croaked but nothing crossed my mind.

"Actually Hana offered for Minjoo to stay with her to go get ice cream after with the band but Kyungmi felt sick and Hana insisted for her to leave" Chanyeol chimed in. Facing the old man he only eyed Chanyeol.

"And who might you be?" He only asked. Chanyeol thought something to himself before smiling.

"I'm one of Kyung- Hana closes friend" He stopped himself from saying my name. Signing in relief I faced the old man for a reaction. If he would've said my name he would flip and never let me out of this house again.

"Well, thank you for bringing her home" He thanked Chanyeol with a fast bow before pulling me inside.

Facing Chanyeol for the last time, I said good bye to him one more time.

"Good bye buddy" He whispered with a smile but his sad eyes said otherwise. Closing the door shut the old man faced me.

"Go clean your sisters room, NOW" He demanded me. Rolling my eyes I bowed and went up stairs to Hana room. "Your fun time is over" He laughed to himself. Feeling I tear come down my eyes I rubbed my eyes and grabbed all the utilities I needed before going up her room.

Going up the stairs, the old man pulled my hair back, making me face him. Dropping the bucket of water at my feet, groaned in pain.

"Next time you bring a guy you will need to pack all of your stupid crap and get the fuck away from this house you hear me?" He let go of my hair and pushed me up the stairs. "NOW CLEAN THIS UP"

Trying my best to hold the tears in, I picked up the bucket of water I had dropped and started cleaning it.

"How in the hell did I get stuck with you" He muttered to himself.

With all the strength I had to keep back the tears it was useless. This had been going on since I was 15 and I've been sucking it up this long. I guess today was the day I let all those tears out.

-----------------

Comment/Vote! I will fix this later~