Chapter-2

The Baseball Feud-2

Alex~** 

Bothering Dannie is just too easy. I mean during 1st period everyone glared at her,threw crumpled paper at her, and coughed insults towards her. I saw the girl went through like three pencils cause she kept snapping them. But someone had mentioned something with the word mother directed towards her, and I had never seen her so angry. I had been having a strange feeling of guilt all class, but when I saw someone angered her I had the odd feeling of wanting to pound their face in. But she had taken care of that. The guy hand the biggest hand mark on his face from where she slapped him. The class was silent as she snapped at him,"Never talk about my mother. I never want to hear anything about her coming from your mouth. Got it?"  

The guy gulped and nodded quickly. Danielle hastily made her way to her seat with a scowl on her face. She sat and noticed the teacher staring at her dumbfounded.  

"May I help you?!" She snapped with an icy glare.  

The teacher quickly resumed her lesson.  

I shook my head amused as I played this in my head.  

She is so innocent.  

She is surrounded by wolves, an she doesn't even realize it. Danielle is the last if us to change, of the two packs. Yes, that is what this 'rivalry' actually is. It's a cover-up for the fact that we are actually the two most powerful packs in America, and the Ortiz's have kept it from their baby girl. She goes around without a care in the world with Luke.  

Bleh, I really don't like that guy. And not just because he is Danielle's protector but because he did a number on me in 8th grade. Reasons to be told.  

Anyways, being Alpha of the Yankee Pack(Yes, it's been the name of the pack since George Washington's time , it's just cowinky-dink) and Anthony being Alpha of the Boston Pack after his father -who stepped down after the tragic death of his wife and mate- we often get together and talk. He has told me that the family decided to tell Danielle within the week about everything because she is to turn for the first time in a month. Everyone in town has been keeping this a secret for who knows how long now?  

I mean everyone in school shifted in 8th grade so, I mean three years is a long time to keep a painfully obvious secret, but we've somehow managed.  

No one knows the actual reason for them not wanting her to know about it. But I think it has something to do with the fact that since she is their only girl in the family that they want to protect her more. While we are the strongest packs in America, we are also the most ruthless towards enemies. Whenever enemies came for revenge or some stupid crap like that they usually go for women, mates, and children.  

That's also the reason no guy other than Luke is allowed to be within spiting distance of the poor girl. I kinda feel bad for her sometimes cause she really only has Luke since her brothers also threatened the girls away from her too. But if I get that feeling I replace it with my usual jerk thoughts, and cold, ruthless Alpha behavior.  

"Aleeeeex!" I hear my latest arm candy screech. God it's so annoying. She may be a pretty wolf but holy crap! She is clingy, fake and nothing but a hallow head! I feel bad for whoever her mate will be.  

As Alpha I should've found my mate by now but I haven't. My mother has tried to convince me that if she hasn't shifted than that's why I haven't found her. She-wolves have to wait to shift to find their mate, and so does their mate. I find that very unfair, especially for the male, I mean do you know how hard it is to look for your mate and if you do find them you can't be sure unless they've turned! That's just straight BS.