Chapter 4

Jacks pov:

I saw her trying to look for me. She looked beautiful. I wonder what she is like.

"Hey mate, what's got your head twisted."

That was Daniel Sanderson. My best friend since 2nd grade. He came here from England almost 9 years ago and we have been friends ever since.

He is average height, blonde hair and eyes that look like a grey blue ocean.

"It ain't Emily, right? I thought you left her weeks ago."

"Man, I'm over Emily, its just those selection papers are worrying me."

"Mate, those shouldn't be worrying you. You got more important problems."

"Yeah. Let's just get to class. We are going to be late."

And so we parted ways.

I got my books from my locker and walked to class.

As soon as I stepped in, I saw her and she was looking straight at me. She was sitting with Rose.

Mr. Williams walked in soon after me and began the lesson.

----------------

By the time lunch rolled by, I felt like going home and calling it a day.

I was sitting at a table with all my close friends. Ben sat to the left of me, blonde with green and gold eyes, Jacob, with black hair  and grey eyes, Sam, with his fire red hair and brown eyes, Daniel with his all blondness and blue grey eyes. The rest of the soccer team aswell as the cheerleaders sat at our table.

I saw Macy walk into the cafeteria and get some food.

Oh god, she is gorgeous.
"Hey guys did you see that new girl, she is smoking hot. You think I got a shot with her?"
All the guys looked in her direction and one of the team members even wistled.
How did they have the nerve to do that, they don't even know her.
I stomped out the room and drove home.
--------------------

When I got home I went to the living room to find no one home. I tried the kitchen and the study, but no one was home.
Mom should be home because she is always here and leaves a note when she goes out. Dad, well, he's never home often so I'm used to him not being here.

I ran upstairs and took a long shower to relax myself and changed into sweat pants and a shirt.

I could here pans downstairs so I went to see who's home.

When I got to the kitchen, mom was there but she didn't look okay.

"Hey mom, what's up? Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah sweety I'm great. Im just having Marilyn over for dinner and I haven't cooked yet. "

Marilyn Clearwaters is mom's boss. She is head of the company and owns all the other major design companies. She is strict, stuck up and she can ruin your life with the snap of her little manicured fingers.

Mom was also very high in the company and Marilyn favoured her above the rest,  which is a good thing for mom I guess.

I helped set the table for dinner and changed into something more formal.

Mom was just about done when the bell rang.
I walked downstairs and opened the door.
"Hi Marilyn, so good to have you over. Please come inside," I said with the best smile I could master.

"Oh thank you Jack, so good to see you."
I lead her to the dining room where mom was putting the food down.

"Hello Marilyn, pleasure to have you over. I see you have already met Jack. Let's eat and we can talk about the new designs for the summer collection."

We sat down and ate. The women chatted about fabric and colour and all that. When I finished eating I excused myself and walked up to my room.

""