Chapter 3

I moved in with Uncle Kyle but things seemed to get worse. We told Dad that it was for truck stuff but he had none of it. He got so pissed at me. I'm glad in a way that it is Homestead. I got into the motorcoach after truck qualifying.

Dad was sitting at the TV. He had on a football game. He couldn't even watch the qualifying. 

I said, "I got the pole."

He didn't even look up, I said, "Uncle Kyle was happy."

He didn't flinch, I sighed to myself and went back to my room. He didn't care. When it comes to racing and me doing well usually he is happy. He hasn't even been that lately and I've won 2 races. I picked up my phone and changed out of my suit. I walked back out.

"Where are you going Lilly?"

I looked at Dad and said, "Uncle Kyle's to make sure the truck is ready to go."

"You did that yesterday."

Crap I did, "Now since we know where I'm starting we can know more."

Dad got up and grabbed my arm, "You keep running away from me. You can't run and hide forever."

He smacked me, my face burnt, I looked back up at him and he said, "You think oh Kyle will protect me. Everything is safe. It's not. Kyle ain't here to watch you all the time. "

Dad thew me down. My old flip phone went flying out of my hands and Dad picked it up. He flipped it open and started pushing keys. I never asked for a new phone in the fear he would hurt me. I've had an upgrade for 3 years now. My phone is such a brick it can put a dent in the floor.

"Dad stop."

He mimicked me and I knew he was reading through my messages. By the time he was done he had hit me so many times I tasted blood. He threw my phone back down at me. He rolled me over with his foot.

"When did you get the bar across your belly button?"

"When Aunt Sam got hers."

Dad reached down and lifted my shirt. He pulled me up by my hips and punched me in the face. He picked up his belt. I rolled over. He hit my back hard 5 times. It felt like my back was on fire. I knew that was better than him hitting me on the stomach or face for that matter.

He drew his fist back at me. I grabbed it and said, "Please stop.  Daddy please."

He smacked me and threw me back down.

"All you are is a worthless peace of shit. You're not even good enough to be my daughter!"

And he left. I texted Uncle Kyle.

I was laying on the floor when they walked in.

"Oh my god baby girl."

Sam said, "Lilly!"

Kyle slowly lifted me up, "Ow ow ow Uncle Kyle."

Kyle looked at my new marks with disbelief. Sam had an hour and half to work her magic with makeup as Kyle iced every bruise visible.

Kyle said, "What happened?"

"I came in and he was watching football. I told him I got the pole. Nothing happened. I said that we where all happy. He didn't flinch. I went back and changed my cloths and got my phone. I came back out and he asked where I was going. I told him I was going to talk to you about the race and he flipped out. Now I look like a mess."

I wiped my eyes. Aunt Sam picked up my glasses.

I said, "Yeah, those where on. They got knocked off in the process."

Aunt Sam bent them back how they should go. My glasses are Ray Bans which I love. Dad bought them out of guilt about 2 years ago.

Kyle looked hurt, he hugged me, "I don't know why he does this. It hurts me. He just he hasn't been right. It pisses me off. He needs his ass kicked."

Dad came back in, "Why are you hear? She's fine. "

Kyle said, "No she's not."

"She's just a whimp." Dad knelt down next to me. "Aren't you?"

I knew he was gonna smack me, "No Dad I'm not ok. I fucking hate you. I never do anything right to you. "

Dad smacked me, Aunt Sam said, "That's it! I can't stand this. Kurt listen to your fucking daughter and brother! Its not that hard! You are basically KILLING your daughter! You think Eva is bad but you are worse! How do we know that you don't do that to Patricia?! You're fucking crazy."

Aunt Sam smacked Dad. It left a red mark.

"Go ahead hit me back Kurt. I will shove my heel up your ass!"

Dad walked back to the back of the motorcoach.

I looked at Aunt Sam and said, "Thank you so much."

"Someone needed to do that. He is completely worthless. I don't know how you handle him dear. You're stronger and keep quiet more that I could ever be. "

Kyle said,"She's a Busch. She's the quiet side of us until someone pisses her off and she beats there ass then she's more than a Busch."

I smiled and said, "He is completely right."

Aunt Sam said, "Let's get you ready for the race. You wouldn't want to look all bruised up on national television, espically since Ricky Stenhouse Jr is going to be here."

She smiled and nudged my arm, I giggled and Kyle said, "You have a thing for Stenhouse?!"

Aunt Sam said, "More like they have a thing for each other!"

Kyle looked at me and I smiled, he said, "Well let's get my neice looking like she could gain a boyfriend! Don't worry I'll handle Kurt! How long has this been going on?"

I smiled, "Almost 2 years we've been really good friends, but we have been talking a lot more the second half of this season."

Aunt Sam covered every mark on my face and arms. She hummed to Garth Brooks I had playing as she worked.

Ricky texted me, "Are you in Kurt's motor coach?"

Sam squealed and Kyle smiled I replied, "Yeah I finished up getting ready!"

Kyle said, "Have you told Kurt?"

"Dad knows I go hang out with him and talk to him. He's never disagreed."

"Ok, well if you 2 need me to tell him anything I will."

I went back to my bed and wrote down more lyrics on that sheet of paper.

Cut me down But it's you who'll have further to fall Ghost town, haunted love Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones I'm talking loud not saying much.