Chapter 6

I hate the holidays. I also hate explaining how I broke another rib. I have officially had every rib broke. Twice. Healthy? Nope. Am I lucky? Absolutely, because my lungs aren't puncharded at all. Nothing says Merry Christmas like your grandparents knowing what your father does to you. It kinda kills. Houston woke me up this morning at 8:30. I was informed that he waited an extra half an hour because he didn't want to chance the naughty list with Santa.

Houston smiled as he sat on my lap.

"Sissy look! Planes! Santa is the best."

I smiled knowing that I bought him that on DVD."

He got down I his last present. This one was from me. He opened it up and it was a race suit to match mine, 2 shirts, and a sweatshirt. At the very bottom was a dog tag style necklace. One with my number the other with my picture but this one was special. It had both of us on the picture in victory lane. He tackled me.

"Lilly! You are the BEST sister ever!! Everyone at school is going to be so jealous! Thank you so much!!"

Patricia took pictures and Dad looked happy for once. I smiled.

"You're welcome Houston. I expect major cheering on next season."

He smiled and nodded. From Dad I got a new truck sticker, some tools, a shiny belt, John Deere seat covers and cloths. Patricia got me cloths, an iPad and a case/ screen protector package. Also I got to see Ricky this morning. He got me some of his gear and a beautiful necklace that is the letter R. I got him some flannels that I knew he liked.

I'm on my way to Moms now. Virginia seems so far away. My truck is almost out of diesel. I pull into the driveway. The worst part about this long trip is I always just feel alone. I talked on the phone until Ricky had to jump on a plane which was about the time I got out of North Carolina. I guess I just get tired of hurting mentally and physically. I wish that Dad would understand how bad I always feel about myself. I noticed that Zack's truck wasn't there. That made me sad because I never get to see him thanks to college. I walked in the house.

Mom said, "Merry Christmas baby girl!"

"Merry Christmas Momma."

I put her gifts under a full looking tree.

She said, "Dinner then open gifts?"

"Momma it's your house not mine. I just came tonight since Ricky was flying down to Mississippi."

She said, "We will eat. I made spaghetti."

"Homemade noodles?"

I followed her into the kitchen, "When don't I?"

I laughed and she put 2 plates on the island. We talked about everything. When we finished she asked the all important question of the time.

"Are you really planning on racing trucks and kicking those Dillon boy's asses?"

I looked up and said, "Yes, I can't stand them."

Mom laughed and said, "Well, just be careful out there, I know you get sick and tired of me telling you that. I worry about you and your father for that matter."

"Momma, I'm fine and Dad is so hard headed he is fine too."

We went to open presents. Mom got me a new pair of boots that I really needed. The Garth Brooks boxed set that she wanted in her iTunes, new rubber mats for my truck and John Deere earrings. I got her a new fancy flannel shirt with sparkles. Also seat covers for her truck, a new iPhone case and the new Luke Bryan CD I wanted in my iTunes. We have a tendency to buy CD's for each other and then borrow them. I went to bed.