7

"Oh my Gosh! Did we actually do all of this?!? It's crazy awesome!" Maya said in amazement.

"What'd I tell you? I told you we could do a lot with just sheets and blankets," I say putting the last pillow in the fort.

"Ok I'll go grab the snacks and put them on the table."

"K"

Just then the doorbell rang. My eyes widen. I immediately stopped and walked to to the door. I took a deep breath as I fixed my clothes. I fixed my hair and opened the door.

"Hi. We're ready for a fun night,"
Kaz says. Skylar was peering next to him, her arm linked with his. Oliver was behind them. I gave them a warm smile.

"Come on in. You can set your bags down and go to the kitchen."

They walked in and put their bags down. They then made their way to the kitchen. I slowly closed the door when I heard something.

"Hold on!" They yelled, putting their hand in between the door. I opened it a bit wider, wondering who it was.

"Oh hey Farkle!"

"Riley. Hey!" Just then Isadora came with her pink duffle bag. "Hi Isadora,"
I smile.

"Hi. Tonight is going to be lit," she said excitedly. I gave her a fake smile. I know tonight was going to be fun but not without Lucas.

Ever since that kiss I wasn't able to stop thinking about him. I chewed on my bottom lip. I feel my lip curve upward. Ugh. What is this feeling?!? I wish I could just understand. This is all so new. I forgot how to feel ever since.... My ex. I hope this all goes well.

Ding Dong!

Another person has arrived. I go to the door and swing it open.
Sarah
"Hey Sarah come on in," I say welcoming her in.

"Hey can't wait for tonight," she says jumpy. I smile. I peek my head in the hallway searching for Lucas. Nothing yet. I slowly close the door, waiting for that moment that he stops the door and stands there. Omg I think I have a crush. This can't be possible. I can't fall for him. I just can't.