9

"Ok this is getting boring can we play another game?" I groan. We've been playing 21 questions for at least an hour now. Everyone looked tired and it was only 7:30.

"Uh yeah how about spin the bottle," Darby smirks. My eyes enlarge and I pursed my lips. What if the bottle points at Lucas and I? The. We'll have to kiss in front of everyone. Not that's it a bad thing it's just I'm not sure if I should fall for this guy. He seems sweet and charming. He has beautiful eyes and a great body. I mean....RILEY! No! Get to know the guy. Maybe he's not that bad.

"Ummm..... We can do that later. How about truth or dare? All in favor raise hands," I say. I raise my hand. Kaz, Maya,Farkle, Lucas, and Sarah raise their hands.

"Ok! Truth or dare it is!" Farkle says.

"Ok so I'll start then," I say.

"In the meantime I'll order us a pizza. Two pies right?"

"Yea," Isadora says.

"Hey um Riley can you show me where the bathroom is?"

"Yes, come with me,"

Amy and I go upstairs. Awkwardness filled the air. I didn't know how to start the conversation so it was dead silence. I don't really know her and I don't want to make a bad first impression so I don't know what to say.

"Hey um I really just wanted to come up here to talk about Lucas."

"Ok....so what do you want to tell me?"
I ask tentatively. I wasn't sure if I wanted to here about Lucas. What if it's bad or sad and I end up crying.

"Well your the first person he's talked to in a long time. He would usually give everyone an attitude. He doesn't talk to any of his old friends, except for one, Zay. He's broken. His past is just....terribly sad. He'll tell you what happened when he's ready. I'm not even sure if he will. Just treat him right, please. That's all I'm asking for. His past has been so rough and sad that he just need someone to be there. This is the first time he reached out to me in like...forever. He used to never talk to me. He decided to bring me because his best friend, Zay was busy. I'm just happy that he talked to me. I've been trying to reach him forever and it means a lot that he reached out to me. Anyway,that's all I wanted to tell you. Please be there for him and just treat him right and take of him for me please?"

"Yes. I'll try my best," I say on the verge of tears. It's was so sudden. I would've never thought that Lucas was broken. I have to be there for him as much as I can.