8

Its been at least 30 minutes and nothing.

"Excuse me. I have to go make a call. Be right back," I say. I go to my room and call Lucas.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Rin-

"Hello?"

I take a deep breath. My heart starts to beat faster. I bite my lip.

"Uh hi Lucas?"

"Riley.."

"I was wondering if you coming.... To my sleepover?"

"Oh! Oh shit! That's today? I thought it was next week. I'm so dumb," he says in shock. I lightly laugh.

"It's okay."

"I'll be there in 10," he stated. "Can I bring a friend with me because you're really the only person I know and it would be awkward and...." He trails off.
I hesitated for a second. I wasn't sure if I should say yes because what if it's his girlfriend and I would be crushed. But then again what if it's just one of his guy best friends?

"Yea sure. The more the merrier!" I say kind of down. I wasn't sure if he had a girlfriend or not even though we kissed and all of that.

"Ok great. See you in 10," he says cheery.

"Cya," I end the call. I sigh. At least he's coming. I start to remember the time we kissed and I smile widely. I walk back downstairs.

"Hey what took you so long? Come join us we're playing 21 questions." Skylar says. I sit by Maya and join.

"Ok Riley who do you think is most likely to be gay?" My eyes widen as I look around the room.

"Ok no offense and I mean it. But I think... Oliver maybe. Maybe!" He gasps,exaggerating. He puts his hand over his chest in a girly type of way.

"Girl, I don't know what your talking about," he playfully rolls his eyes. We all laugh.

"Ok. Um Kaz would you consider Maya as a 10 if you were to rate her?"  I ask him with a smirk on my face. I look over at Maya, her hands buried in her hands. Probably to keep her from showing everyone her bright red face she had by now.

"Actually if rate her BMS" he says. My eyes widen. My lips curve upward and I look over at Maya. She's obviously blushing. You can even tell she's smiling. Her cheeks lifted, signaling it.

"Ok my tur-"

Ding Dong

My head shot up. A huge smile planted on my face.

"I'll get that," I say bolting up and running to the door. I fixed my hair and pajamas. I unlock the door and open it. Right away I see a girl. I bite my lip to keep me from showing any emotions. I fake smile.

"Hi"

"Hi I'm Amy!" She says all cheery. My smile fades away. Anger starts to build up inside me.

"Come in," I say fake smiling again.
she walks in and puts her coat on the hanger.

"You can go to the living room and introduce yourself to the rest of my friends."

"Ok" she walks to the living room where the rest of them are.
I'm guessing she's Lucas's girlfriend. I frown. There goes all my hope. I suddenly hear bags drop on the floor. I posthaste my head toward the direction where the sound came from.

Lucas.

My heart started racing. My veins thudding out of my skin. Butterflies taking over my stomach. My knees start getting weak. Our eyes link. He smiles and I return it.

"Hi, Riles."

"Riles?" I question him. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Yea. You don't like that nickname? Because if you don't I can-"

"I love it," I smile at him. He smiles back.

"Soo. You can come on in. Hurry we're playing 21 questions," I say while closing door. He takes off his jacket and hangs it up. I bite my lip as I see his muscles popping out of his shirt. Ugh! Why does he have to be so darn hot.

"Why aren't you in your pajamas?"

"Oh I was going to put them on later but I guess I can now. Where's the bathroom?" I slightly chuckle.

"Upstairs. Second door to your right."

"Thanks. See you downstairs in a few minutes," he smiles.

"K"

He walks upstairs. I sigh. I start to walk back when I heard his voice again.

"Oh and Riley" I turn around facing him. His emerald green eyes connect with my brown ones.

"She's my sister." He smirks. He turns back around and goes to the bathroom. The ends of my lips curve upward. I start jumping up and down squealing. I finally stop realizing that I can't fall for him. What if this is a game he plays. What if he thinks I'm a toy. What if he's just like Brandon. But what if he's not.