Original

A/N: Heya!~ This is another story by... ME!!! Lady_Violets!
I'm seriously doing all these books on a whim so sorry if there are late updates! (For any book)
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

"Red!"

A young girl at the sound of her name turned to the open window that overlooked her little garden. The person who had called her was of course her dear mother whom she had loved.

"Yes, mama?" Little Red looked at her mother with a quizzical expression as to what she would want. "Come in I need you to run an errand for me!" She smiled and put down the garden tools she was holding. She then wiped her hands on her white apron that was tied around her slender frame.

"Coming!" With a hop in her step she made her way to the back door that led to the warm and cozy kitchen that had the smell of apples and a hint of cinnamon.

"What smells so good mama?" Following her nose it led to the oven, her mother laughed at the girl who was practically drooling over the delicious smell.

"That my sweet girl is the Apple-Cinnamon bread that is for your granny at the edge of the forest. I want you to take these to her." "Ah! Really!" "Yes, really, however it's a two day trip there and back so when you get to her cottage stay the night then return in the morning, okay?" "Yes!"

Red was so excited that she could finally be able to travel outside of her town to the edge of the forest. Her mother was always overprotective and wouldn't let her travel out of sight, until now.

"Oh, Red, it's going to be cold out there so wear your riding hood please!" "Yes mama!" She grabs her red hood and ties the string around her neck as the rest drapes down to her ankles. "Here you go dear..." Her mother walked forward with a basket full of pastries and one bottle of red wine.

"Thank you, I promise to be back on time!" Red walked out the back door again that led to the forest. "Wait!" Her mother called out to her as she stood at the door frame. "Red this is your first time away from home so please don't stray from the path...and please...be careful." Red smiled and hugged her dear mother once more, "I will... I promise." Red let go and walked down the dirt covered path that her mother had warned her not to stray from.

'On my way to grandmother's house!' She thought cheerfully as the young girl disappeared into the dense woods in a flash of red.