Chapter 3

SodaPop never told anyone why he was alone until he met his two new friends. It hurt him too much to even think about it.

SodaPop and his family were going to the river to hunt for fish. On the way to the river, they ran into a pair of hunters.

His papa was a deadbeat so there was only his mama to protect her cubs, which were all from the same grizzly, of course.

They heard SodaPop, his mama, and his siblings rustle the leaves. They raised their guns and aimed towards the noise.

The group of bears came out of the shadows. The hunters fired shots in every direction.

"Run my babies, RUN!", his mother screamed. "I'll find you later. I love you. Always." She began to charge at the evil men.

That was the last time SodaPop had seen his mother. All of her children ran. They left the sounds of shots, roars, and screams behind them.

SodaPop was the only one to look back.
----------------------------------------
SodaPop was the youngest cub of them all, so he had trouble keeping up. His two brothers and two sisters didn't care. They were too worried about getting themselves to safety. Soon, little SodaPop couldn't run at all. He was too tired. His so called brothers and sisters didn't care.

They kept running late into the night only to realize hours later the young bear was not with them. But, they still didn't turn back because that would mean heading in the direction of danger. This scarred SodaPop forever.

SodaPop decided to strive to be the nicest animal ever and his niceness is what lead him to his friends.

It seemed like fate had brought these animals together. They stuck with each other because they didn't have anyone else. They had become each other's family. They were each other's home.

Timmy didn't have his children, backyard, bowls, or bed, but that was okay. The woods were his backyard, the river was his bowl, and the leaves that he, SodaPop, and Johnny shared was his bed.

Johnny chased butterflies again with the encouragement of his new brothers. SodaPop was even able to forgive his old "siblings".

...............................
The next chapter will be up very soon. Things are about to get really twisted, so keep reading. Please vote and comment.

Love, Crapple_Cakes