Introduction

Please note that I own all the characters in this book. Pic of Alex

"Why? Why me?" Alex cries. His Father replies grabbing a knife "Now what have I told you about talking unless spoken to? Someone's going to have to be punished" He walks over to Alex who's cowering on the floor.

"I'm sorry" Alex cries "Please I'm sorry"

"sorry is not good enough!"  His father says stabbing Alex.

Alex awakens screaming. He had another bad dream. A nurse opens the door to his room.

"Are you ok Alex?" She asks. Alex nods his head slowly. The nurse nods her head back and closes the door. Every morning started out like this for fifteen year old Alex. He says a silent prayer before eating his breakfast and the getting dressed.

As always there will be cops or news reporters wanting to talk to him. As if on cue the door opens and the nurse calls, "Alex you have a visitor"

Rin's Pov

Alex walks in slowly looking around. He's wearing black pants along with a black long sleeved turtleneck and gloves. He has long  black hair and bright blue eyes. I can see fear in his eyes, along with pain?

Alex's Pov

     I walk into the visiting room and sees a familiar face. It's Mr. West  the man who found me. "Hello Alex are you feeling better today?"

He asks. I nod my head slowly and sits down. "Alex I want you to meet my son Rin. He works as an apprentice for the times gazette. He's also your age." Rin holds his hand out

"it's nice to meet you" I sit there staring at him. "okaaaaayy" he says to himself Mr. West speaks up changing the subject "Do you think you would be up to answering some questions again?" I nod approvingly. "Ok. Now do you remember anything about before you were found on the road?"

No Pov

Alex thinks for a minute and then is thrown into a flashback. His body starts shaking uncontrollably and he's starts hyperventilating.

"Alex?!" Rin's father asks "We need a nurse!" Nurses crowed around Alex put him on a gurney. Rin stands there in shock not knowing what to do. "What's wrong with him dad?" He manages to ask.

"He's having a seizure" His father replies "Would you like me to take you home?"

"No" he says walking beside him "I'm going to stay"

         Rin's Pov

He seems to have calmed down a bit but he seems to be having a nightmare. I don't even know what I'm doing here. He's obviously not a very good story so why did I stay? I look at Alex a little longer. He's kinda cute when he sleeps. Wait what am I thinking? I cant possibly like this boy!

Third Pov

"How many times must we go through this before you learn" Father grunts "I'm sorry father it won't happen again" Alex cries.

"Yes and I'm going to make sure of it" Father says while grabbing some rope. Alex winces as father firmly ties his hands together. Alex looks to see that father is grabbing his whip.

"Oh please no please please no." Alex cries. The whip cracks making Alex Tremble with fear. "You've brought this upon yourself son" father says bringing the whip down on Alex's back.

Alex again awakens screaming startling Rin. He grabs his blanket tightly and pants as if he just ran a marathon. (Or you know, had a nightmare) Rin sits to scared to say anything or move.

A nurse opens the door and says "Have another nightmare Alex?" Alex just nods his head and she closes the door. Alex starts to tremble. He grabs a journal from the counter and start to writes down his nightmare. Rin sees a tear fall down his face.

When Alex is done he puts the journal down and stares at his still trembling hands. Rin wants to say something but he can't seem to speak. He accidentally knocks over a book sitting on a table and he looks up at Rin.

"Oh sorry about that I didn't mean to startle you" Rin says picking up the book. Alex sits there staring at Rin, wondering how long he was there. "Do you want to talk about it?" Rin asks. Alex shakes his head no and starts to look around. "What are you looking for?" Rin asks as Alex grabs a notepad and writes something down. He then jesters for Rin to take the notepad. He grabs it and reads the poorly written note."Your looking for my dad?" Alex nods his head slowly.
"Oh he's talking to the doctors so he probably won't be in for a while"
Alex get a disappointed look and Rin looks around the room. It's all empty for someone who was supposedly lived here.

"You must really miss your parents." Rin says trying to make conversation. Alex looks at him confused.
"You know Mom? Dad?"Alex flinches at the word dad. "What? Did I say something wrong?"