Scars

Alex's Dream

Father hit my sister Ally with the whip and she cried out in pain.

"Ally!" I screamed reaching through the bars of my room/cage.

"This is what you get boy" my father grunts kicking her into the wall.

"I didn't raise no tranny(cringe)! You are a boy Devin" he screamed at my sister
"Leave her alone!" I yelled catching my fathers attention "Ally is a girl and I'm" I hesitated "I'm gay!"

I felt relieved to say it but the look on my fathers face made me regret it in an instant. "Your brothers bad influence made you this way no doubt Daniel. Devin turned you into a fag(cringe) I will not allow you to be influenced any longer " father picked up my sister by the hair. "NOOOOO" I screamed trying to reach through the bars to save her. "Ally!" I cried as the cellar for shut with a slam leaving me all alone.

Mr. West's Pov

I sit there trying to comprehend what Alex just said. Horror crosses Alex's face as he realized what he just said.

"I-I-I'm s-s-so s-sorry s-sir I didn't m-mean t-to d-d-d-disturb you" Alex says wiping his tear stained face with his gloves.

"It's ok Alex I'm not mad" I assure him. We sit in silence for a minute before asking "Alex why do you wear gloves?"

Alex sits for a minute then takes them off. I gasp in horror of what I see. Little scars litter his hands along with burns and lacerations. I cradle his hands shakily as if they would shatter any moment. "Are you uncomfortable Alex? If you are, you can put your gloves back on." Alex thinks for a moment then suddenly he jumps to his feet.

Alex's Pov

I want to show him. He needs to see and either way he'll find out one way or another. I jump up and grab his hand pulling lightly gesturing for him to follow me.

I pull him into the bathroom and close the door, locking it. I take a shaky breath before pulling my shirt over my head.

West's Pov

I gasp in horror as Alex pulls his shirt over his head. "Oh Alex..." My voice trails off. "May I?" I ask looking at him. Alex nods and I slowly touch his scars.

There's not a place on his body that's scar free. He flinches every now and then probably remembering where he got them. Tears slowly make there way down my face.

This boy was so broken. Alex pulls his shirt on and says something I'll never forget.

"I... Am Happy. Happy that you saved me and brought me to live here. Thank you I-I mean it" Alex smiled and hugged me. "No" I say hugging him back "Thank you for being so strong. Thank you for joining our family and thank you for loving my son."

Alex looks up shocked "how did you know about that" he asked and I laughed "my son is a terrible liar, and I see the way he looks at you" I put my hand on his shoulder. "He really does love you."

Alex smiles "I love him too"