He killed her

Rin's Pov

The past couple of weeks have been very stressful for poor Alex and it's clearly taking its toll on his body.

Alex walks in to the living room with bags under his eyes and his pale face even more pale that before.

"Good morning Alex how are you today" I try to sound happy but honestly? I'm worried. Alex is not sleeping, afraid he'll get nightmares.

"I-I-I'm g-good t-thank y-you" Alex slowly stutters. I look up at him as well as dad. "You talked!" Dad says excitedly.

"S-S-S-Sorry s-s-s-sir" Alex says shaking with fear. "Oh Alex! That's a good thing!" Dad tried to comfort him.

"I-It is?" Alex asks looking up. "Yes! It is!" Dad laughs "And no need to call me sir Alex I'm not that old"

"S-Sorry um... M-Mister W-West" Alex say sitting on the couch next to dad. "It's ok Alex" dad says rubbing circles into his back.
I sighed. Hopefully Alex will realize he can trust us. I put my finished plate in the sink and Dad ruffled my hair. "Go get ready" he mouthed to me still rubbing circles in Alex's back. I gave him a thumbs up and ran out the door and into my room.

Mr. West's Pov

After a few minutes of silence I finally say "Alex I just want to say that I know you haven't had the best life but if you ever want to talk about it I'm here for you." Alex looks up shocked.

Then he suddenly bursts into tears and sobs into my shoulder "There there your ok your gonna be ok" I try soothing him rubbing circles in his back again. After a little while Alex calmed down a bit and I lay his head on my lap. "T-Thank y-you" Alex whispers.

I smile and just rub his back. He slowly falls asleep. And I chuckle he's just like Rin. Speaking of Rin I look at Him and whisper for him to go outside and wait for the bus. After he leaves I sit quietly not wanting to wake Alex. I know about Alex and Rin's relationship.

I raised a terrible liar. I understand their need for secrecy though, Alex has trust issues and I realize it may take some time for him to open up. I fully support my son and Alex's relationship. I just hope he can turn Alex's life up for the better.

Timeskip

After about an hour Alex begins to shake slightly and whimper in his sleep. Poor kid doesn't get enough sleep as it is and now he's having nightmares on the relate occasion he does sleep, horrible. I don't want him to have to relive his horrible memories so I shake him lightly and whisper

"Alex wake up your safe. Your here with me remember?" Alex bolts up and says one thing

"he killed her"