Chapter Two: Here and There

Left side: Floating Islands, Prince Nyx and his mom, the Queen.
Right side: Hana at one of Earth's beaches.

Hana arrived at a planet in the Milky Way Galaxy known as Earth, far away from her home planet. Her Galbian powers allowed her to blend into Earth with little problem. Her hair turned into a dirty blond and her eyes a hazel color. Her wings and pointed ears went away too. Feeling the change, but not quite understanding it, she began to cry and a woman with her 6 year-old son heard the poor baby and rushed over to it.

"Mama! It's a baby!" The boy exclaimed. As he gently picked it up and handed it to his mother.

"Indeed it is, Tony, but who's? And why did they leave her here?" The woman said as she cradled the baby.

Since they were good people, they took and reported the baby to the local police station. There, they found no one had reported a missing baby, but did put a notice that if anyone knew if someone who was pregnant and then not, but with no baby, to report it immediately. Meanwhile, they allowed the woman to keep the baby. They took pity on her, she not only lost her third unborn child, but her husband died in a terrible car crash too.

After the woman, known as Ms. Angelique Hernandez, and her son Tony got home, Tony began to put a room together for the baby. He and his mom slept in the same room after the lost of his unborn siblings and father.

As Angelique put the baby in the crib, Tony couldn't help but asking, "So, assuming she has no family, what are you gonna name her mama?"

Angelique smiled as she answered, "Hana."

Tony smiled too, "I like that name. It suits her."

Days later when no one claimed the baby, Angelique took the baby to the local orphanage while Tony was at school and signed the necessary paper work to adopt Hana. Neither Angelique, nor Tony, knew of Hana's true identity and where she really came from.

*

Life on Galbia was dark after the death of the high king and queen. From shock, many soldiers laid down their weapons and admitted defeat. Those who recovered, retreated so they could look for hope. Many of the kingdoms stayed as one and tried not to travel to other kingdoms. This way, they hoped that they could live a little longer in peace and without fear of the Hakai.

One if the kingdoms now living separate from the others, was the Floating Islands. The King was pacing back and forth while his queen cradled their son, Nyx, a black haired, dark eyed, and black winged Galbian currently 3/4 of a year old. His powers and name were given to him by the Raven of Nightfall.

The raven's powers included those, as you may have guessed, of the night. The raven could cloak itself into darkness, make night come faster, teleport through space by summoning the fragments of space instead of having to find one. These fragments allowed any being capable of seeing and understanding it to teleport anywhere in the known universe. Galbians were one of the few beings that could do this, but the raven... it could summon them at will if none were around.

"What's wrong dear?" The Queen said as she placed Nyx inside his crib.

"It's the Hakai, rumors are that they're getting closer to us." The King's voice was still, and deep. "I'm assembling our troops." He said finally, and left without another word.

Years go by and the habitants of the Floating Islands are forced into war. The king and queen hoped that they wouldn't have to send out Ryuu, a dragon they had saved from a dying planet. They promised that no harm would ever come to it, yet the dragon vowed to serve them as his way of saying thank you.