Chapter 1: Wake Up

*ERRRRRRR ERRRRRRRR ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR-*

I slammed the alarm clock on my end table, making the clock buzz as it descended to the white carpet floor with a thud. 5:00am. First day of the last year in high school, Class of 2013. I know, I seem so ecstatic, right!? No, I have to deal with being known as the 'new kid' again for the third time in my high school life. I remember freshman year; bullied, having a flat chest. Sophomore; teased of being the psychology freak. Junior, same school as sophomore, jumping me for irrelevant reasons, lunch dumped on me.

So, yeah a fresh start as a new school. Hopefully, I'll be like by somebody, so I don't have to eat lunch in the empty back stairwell at lunch. But, yeah karma is a evil girl and she hates me too.

"Arielle are you up?" My mother calls from downstairs.

"Yes." I called out.

I rise out of my warm cocoon of covers to my bathroom. I strolled to the glass shower and turn the faucet knob for hot. Quickly steam started to appear. Stripped my clothes, untied my hair and jumped in the shower. Trying to scrub away my anxiety.

-

Flipping the switch, the air vent came to life, exhausting the steam. I rubbed my hand on my golden encrusted mirror. The circle I made let me see my features. My thick jet black hair tumbled down to my butt in crazy waves mixed with small curls at my ends. My skin was caramel. My eyes were as green as dark moss in a swamp, with almond shaped eyes, giving the impression that I am mixed with Asian background. But, no I'm Guyanese, Indian and Dominican. My nose is slightly sloped, rounding as button at the end. Below, my bow lips pouted with a dull pink colour.

I began brush my teeth. Did I mention I have navy blue braces? Yeah, that adds onto the 'nerd factor'. Gurgling my mouthwash, I rinse. As I exited the bathroom, I retrieve my pink oval glasses. In the words of Mandy, the evil bitch for junior year, "You and your coke bottle glasses! They're so thick!"

I sighed, I still remember the harsh words that made me cry into the girls bathroom for an hour. Anyways, opening my drawer, I got my gray hoodie and black skinny jeans. It was lightly raining for late August. I put on my black converse and tie a bun at the nape of my neck.

My mother met me down the stairs with my purple backpack. I grabbed it and slid my arms through, tightening the straps.

"Arielle, you alright? Prepared for school?" Her Spanish accent thick with concern.

"Yes, mom. Just want to get it over with." I narrowed my gaze to my beaten shoes.

My mother, Marianna, sighed. I hate that I make my mother sad with pity. I feel as if I'm a burden. So, I just change what I said.

"Mom, actually I think I'll like this school." I smiled bright and my mom chuckled with her dimpled smile, that is so deep you can get lost in them.

"Okay, great. Now go or you'll miss your bus." She tapped by bottom and rushed me to the door.

"Bye." I kissed her cheek and was gone. I hope it not horrible. I pray they don't eat me alive. And most definitely and finally get one friend. As I walked my bus came, #208. There were 2 others at my stop but they didn't see me the were quickly stepping on the bus stairs for a seat. I hopped on and walked straight to the back and tried to hide from the 6 sets of eyes staring at me with curiosity. I know it only six people but I already don't like the little attention. I sit on the green cracked leather and let the bumpy ride comfort me.

________________________________________________________________

I hoped you like the first chapter, there is going to be more just wait. Vote! Comment Please! Should I continue? ~Kimberly