Chapter 5: Save

"Angela. It's okay, Chris was just saying how he felt." I shrugged as I sipped on my slushie.

Angela shook her head and was texting on her phone. Earlier she introduced me to Sara, Tatiana, Brandon, Nicko and Liam at lunch. I know that I hate meeting new people, I feel that I will be judged but to be honest they were cool and not judgemental at all. They were very accepting.

"No. He was trying not to say anything nice because the walls have ears." Angela tapped her diamond studded left ear.

"Huh?"

"The walls have ears, meaning students gossip too much. Hence, him not saying anything, his girlfriend Madeline will be told and get suspicious." Tatiana interjected.

"I should of known someone who looks that gorgeous has a girlfriend." I muttered. But why am I complaining? I never had a boyfriend before. Unless you count fifth grade where this boy kissed me on Valentine's day as a dare. Does that count?

"Oh, no Arielle. That girlfriend of his is a total bitch. I don't know why he is still with her! One time she curse out this freshman and punched him in the face just for his backpack touching her arm. Psycho." said Sara, she pursed her lips shaking her head.

"I don't call girls a bitch, but I agree with Sara. Major Bitch." said Brandon. "Never get on her bad side, she will never leave you alone."

"Really does every school have a insecure bully?!"

Everyone at the table nodded simultaneously.

"But you have us! We are always here. Unfortunately, Nicko too. But, hey we work with what we got." Sara laughed as Nicko faked cried in the corner of the table, near the window.

I finally felt I fit in somewhere.

"Yeah, we're all a team. Angela and I were kindergarten lovers." Liam wiggled his blonde eyebrows at her and Angela blushed covering her cheeks. We all giggled in happily as Angela tried to form words but her bright smile kept its wide state.

"No. N-No. You took my coloring book of Sesame Street characters okay? And you said I will only get it back if I kiss you. See! You wanted me! I didn't like you, you ate your boogers!" Angela pointed at Liam. Liam put arms up in defence with a knowing smirk. Sara, Tatiana, Nicko and Brandon and I couldn't stop laughing.

Our laughing was cut when Brandon said, "Here comes the devil child." Our gaze landed onto the girl I assume was Madeline. Her brown and blonde hair flowed as she walked with confident stride I wish I had it. I'm already jealous and I just looked at her for the first time. Ugh.

"When did she get minions?" Nicko pointed out. "Did they just come here?"

Oh no. Mandy and Lauren the girls from Dexter High School. They ruined my self esteem sophomore and junior year. Why Karma?! I thought you were at work! Guess you're on your lunch break.

The three devils stopped in front of our table and Tatiana said, "The hell do you want Masculine?"

We started laughing and 'Madeline' stomped her foot and crossed her arms in frustration.

"Shut up Tatiana. We just want to talk to little Ms. Arielle here."

As the laughter began dying down, Madeline spoke again. "Hi, Arielle. I'm Madeline. These are my cousins, Lauren and Mandy. I think you know them well enough, eh?" she giggled condescendingly. I felt Lauren and Mandy's gaze on my cheek. Mainly, Mandy, the problem. I just started into my lap for assistance.

"Hey, Arielle. Remember me?" Mandy asked.

'Honestly, I really wish I didn't.'

"No." I said, hoping she would just leave.

"Um, I don't know you two. But can you leave? Your making he uncomfortable." Angela spoke nicely, but had an edge that said she wasn't liking what was going on.

"I think not. She remembers us." Mandy laughed. "Speak up, Arielle. Do you or do you not. I'm pretty sure you know that correct answer." She gritted her teeth.

My mouth went dry. "I don't know who you guys are." I mutters so silently I didn't think anyone would here. Oh, but they did.

"I think her throat is dry. We should give her something to drink?" Madeline quipped.

"Yeah, she a little scratchy. A drink will clear it up." Mandy said. "Lauren, drink?"

Lauren grabbed my slushie and gave it to Mandy. What are they doing?

I knew once I felt cold artificially flavor ice was dripping down my face and majority of it was down the back of my hoodie. All I want to do is cry. They always win.

"Do you remember now Arielle?" Mandy said. Lauren and Madeline laughed loudly. As well as the some people in the cafeteria. The others 'oooooo' in shock. I held back my sniffle of a cry as Tatiana, Nicko, Brandon and Liam cursing loudly the trio. The trio began returning the favor. Angela got up and help me to the restroom and so did Sara. But Sara did something that made me kinda of happy.

Sara raised her fist, like she was going to punch Mandy. Amazingly, all three flinched and froze.

"Ha, you insecure flock of birds are scared. If I lay one hand you, it would be over."

"Whatever." Madeline flipped her hair and walked away with the two.

Sara retrieved my backpack and walked with me and Angela. Along the way, Chris was staring into my soul. What the hell does he want? Thought today was going great until Karma rained on my parade. What really was racking my mind was, where was the teachers during the whole ordeal?