Chapter 30- Reunion

I remember being pulled back and forth through dimensions and having no control. I remember dying once again. My last thought of him.

I hear slow thumps in the distance, they grow louder and stronger with every minute. Every second.

Life beats through me as i inhale my first deep breath and my eyes flicker open. I see his face, blurring in and out of my vision, my hand slowly rises as i gently touch his face in haling deeply.

"Drew?" I ask gently

"Alexis" a big smile appears on his face. He leans down and kisses me. I see a tear roll down his face as my breathing slows and body relaxs. I was covered in blood, i had slashes in my hands and could not remember anything. My head was pounding, body stinging and covered in blood.

My throat was dry and i could tell i wasnt going to be able to talk. I looked into his eyes, he was between shifting. It took every once of me to try and talk. But i knew i had to calm him.

"Hey... Hey... Im here, calm down. Im here"

He took a deep breath and his eyes showed all emotions.

"I thought i would never see you again... I, i thought i lost you" he says.

"Well im here now"

"It was my fault... I killed you, you saved me and i killed you"

"It was my choice... Not yours" i gently stroke his face with my thumb.

"I love you..." He says

"i love you more"

                                 ~~

After sitting there for at least an hour, drew had carried me up to my room, laid me down and hugged me tightly until i feel asleep so he may never have to lose me again. My eyes go black as i picture the hell i was once in. A simple memory... Nothing more. I felt is touch tighten and i calm as i know i am safe.

I must have slept for hours and when i awoke. My body was cold from him not being near me, the security once there vanished. Outside was a beautiful shade of night blue. I get up and walk to the windowsill, just standing looking at the sky and the dazzling stars glimmering under the moonlight. I could have stood there for hours, just fascinated by the once taken for granted sight.

I feel a cold hand touch my waist and lips lightly kissing my neck. I knew it was him but i still jump for the contact.

"Hey" he says quietly into my ear. "Good to see your up"

"Well i must have needed it if i slept this long."

"Are you hungry?" He asked but was answered by my grumbling stomach. "There is food down stairs if you feel up for eating"

I smile in excitement as we walk downstairs, i didnt know how to act. You know from being dead and all. What would they think? Would they be scared? After all i did save their life. And from my own mate... Their alpha, their all powerful leader whom he would never hurt. And currently was breaking my hand.

"Ow..." I say

"Oh god... Are you okay? Im sorry" he lets go of my hand.

"Its okay? Just not so hard. Im fragile okay?" I stand on my tiptoe on kiss him on the cheek.

He smiles at me. We walk into the kitchen and all i can smell is food. Bacon... Beef.... Roast vegetables. My mouth was watering, I practically dived onto the island. I stacked up my plate and sat down at the table, squealing like a little girl.

I swear i could have made out with this food as i had inhaled in a few minutes. Drew was looking at me with his jaw dropped.

"You try dying and then not eating for several months. You get hungry" i go back to eating, finishing my last piece of meat and roast potato. I was officially full. I lean back in the chair and look at Drew then at my hands, running my finger over the scabs on my hands.

"Your wondering what thats from arent you?" He asks.

"Well... Why would i have two giant gashes in my hands" i reply

"Well... Uh... Basically... You are...-"

"Spit it out..."

"You were possessed... It was you or her. She wanted to die."

"So you killed her by slashing her. My. hands?" I ask curiously

"Not exactly... The reason you have slashes in your hands was because... Because i tortured her to get you back. To get her to tell me how to kill you. Well it was her at the time"

"So... You tortured the demon that possessed my body because you wanted me back."

"I love you to much to let you go" a tear rolls down his face.

"So you took a life... she must have had her reasons for doing what she did" i was beginning to get defensive

"She did... She did what she did because of a guy... She did it for-"

"Love"

I look at my hands, imagining the pain she would of had to go through. I gently touch the cut but jump from the pain that pulses through me. They werent healing, the flesh was open and muscle in my hand exposed.

"What is it...?" He asks

"Im not healing" i answer

Why wasnt i healing?

----------------------------------------------
2 to go

Hope you enjoyed this chapter