7.

We were all sat on the logs that were surrounding the fire. Tony had been given an announcement to read out to the camp.

He explained that we all had a chance of spending the night in a 'Luxury Jungle Hotel'. But we'd only be able to win if we completed the challenge faster then the other teams.

"So we have to pick teams?" Brian confirmed. "How many per team?"

"I've already said Brian, but there are three per team" Tony told him. "But there will have to be one team of four, because of an odd number of campmates"

Brian nodded quickly. "Well can I pick my team first then?" He asked impatiently.

I liked Brian, but man he annoyed the crap out of me sometimes.

"Sure, I guess" Tony shrugged simply as he flattened out the crumpled piece of paper.

"Well I pick, Jess, George and, Jorgie too, so we'll be the four" Brian said as he pointed at us all each in turn.

Tony agreed with a short sigh, and the others picked their teams.

Vicky, Duncan and Ferne,

Chris, Lady C and Kieran,

Tony, Susannah and Yvette,

And then our team, which consisted of George, Brian, Jorgie and I.

I ran my fingers through my hair to untangle it, and tied it up in a high ponytail, braiding it afterwards. I tied my bandana around my wrist and pulled some extra strands of hair out of my ponytail.

My team and I were the first to face the 'Jungle waiting room'.

We walked down the dark jungle path for about fifteen minutes before we reached our destination— It was a small building with a signpost outside of it.

"Dear campmates, welcome to the 'Jungle waiting room'. In this challenge, you will have to find the right keys that fit in the right locks as fast as you can. Seems simple right? Well you might not be alone in there" Brian read out.

"What do you think will be in there?" Jorgie asked in a nervous tone.

"We'll never know unless we just go for it" George said as he walked up to the door and twisted the handle to the left, opening it quickly. "Oh, its snakes!" He called out. Not in a scared way, I think it was to warn us.

When we were all inside and I shut the door, triggering a loud buzzer sound— signifying that the trial had started.

George quickly started fiddling with keys and the three locks that were in the corner of the room.

I took it upon myself to collect the keys that we hadn't tried yet, that were scattered around the room.

I started picking the objects up from inside the shelves, knowing that a snake could be dropped in at any point.

"Got one!" George called as he threw a padlock on the floor.

I was collecting my last key when I felt a Snake rub against my hand— I could feel it breathing on me. I didn't want to move my hand away, incase if bit me. But I didn't want to keep it there for the exact same reason.

"Hey, do Snakes bite?" I asked the others in a slightly shaky voice.

"Oh course the do" Brian said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "They're snakes"

I instantly screamed, jerking my hand away from the reptile. I tripped and fell backwards over a crate, landing next to the pile of keys. When I landed, I felt a sharp stabbing pain rush up my arm and into my shoulder.

I yelped.

"Jess! Are you alright?" Jorgie gasped as she did her best to help me up.

"Did it bite you?" George asked as he paused what he was doing.

"Yeah, I'm absolutely fine" I told them with a quick nod, as I found my feet and continued to try and get my last key.

.

.

.

George, Jorgie, Brian and I completed our challenge.

We had goat leg for dinner, which wasn't too bad, it could have been worse.

I didn't really want to stay up and talk with the others after dinner, so I just left straight for bed, I wasn't trying to be rude, it was just that I was tired anyway and my arm was aching in pain every time I chose to move it.