8.

I finished doing my hair and placed my hat onto my head. It was the first time I had worn it since I entered camp on the first day.

"Babe, I can't believe that you missed last night" Vicky said as she stood next to me, looking in a mirror as she started to brush her teeth.

"What did I miss?" I asked her as I tucked some hair behind my ear.

"Well basically, Kieran was defending Lady C and went off on one to Brian" She explained as she tied her hair up into a ponytail.

"Wait— why was Kieran defending Lady C?" I thought aloud. It wasn't like him to cause drama like that.

"I dunno" She replied. "But now that I think about it, It kind of makes sense" She said as she pinned her fringe back. "If anything, Kieran was most likely going to be voted out first. He needs drama to happen around him for people to want to keep him in the game"

I looked at her in her mirror and nodded in agreement. "That makes sense, him and Lady C could become an evil duo" I giggled.

.

.

.

"So— the public have decided who will be facing todays trial, 'Floods of Fear'." Ant told us.

All of the campmates were sat on the logs around the fire, listening to the trial that Ant and Dec were explaining to us. I sat between Jorgie and Yvette. Placing my hands into my lap I tuned into what the presenters were telling us.

Dec stared to read out our names, one by one.

"Tony, Its not you" I looked over as Tony sighed in relief.

"Vicky, Its not you" Vicky cheered and punched her fists up into the air.

"Chris, Its not you" Chris laughed and looked around, shaking his head slightly.

"Kieran, Its not you" I didn't see Kieran's reaction to not being picked for the trial.

"Jess, It might be you" I gasped. Oh, please don't be me. I totally regretted thinking that I was not involved in anything. I had so many fears— If I'm picked for this trial and I do badly, the public will pick me again, and again, and again. Just like Kendra from last years show. Jorgie hugged my torso and whispered something to me that I didn't quite catch.

"Yvette, Its not you" Yvette clapped in joy.

"Jorgie, Its not you" Jorgie smiled and let out a small cheer.

"Duncan, Its not you" Duncan clapped his hands together and smiled.

"George, Its not you" George grinned and looked around.

"Susannah, Its not you" Susannah fanned her face with her hand.

"Ferne, It might be you" Ferne grumbled and put her hands on either side of her head.

"The person facing 'Floods of Fear' is" Ant took a sharp breath. "Jess"

"Oh no!" Yvette gasped.

"God no" I shook my head and let out a nervous laugh.

"Awe babe" Vicky wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me.

"Just do your best" Jorgie told me.

"You'll be great" George said as he hugged me.

"I hope so guys" I bit my lip and looked at my black shoes.

I was more nervous than I'd ever been in my life. My fears were; water, small spaces, most sea creatures, and the dark. The worst thing was, I had a bad feeling that all my fears would be challenged in this trial.

"Oh, and also, we'd like to introduce you to the newest member of Croc Creek." Dec smiled as he looked over to the entrance of camp. "Welcome Skylar to the camp!"

A tall girl walked into camp. Her dirty blonde hair was twisted into a dutch braid and she had a hat on her head. Wearing her bandana around her wrist, she slowed to a halt next to Ant and Dec.

"Meet Skylar Morgen, campmates. She is your new camp leader, which means that Duncan is now the deputy and Kieran has been knocked off altogether." Ant explained. "Jess— we'll see you later for your trial"

//Jess' Confession— "I am totally not ready for this trial. What if I let everyone down? I'll feel guilty forever" She looked down and bit her lip. "I don't want the camp to go hungry"//

[A/N: Skylar belongs to wowza_03 so go and check out her books! Xx]