Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Kendra Ann Borders

Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I don't own Teen Wolf. If I did, Derek Hale would never wear another shirt again...Never EVER!

Cassie's POV

Six Days Later

I sigh softly as I sit down on my bed. I continue drying my hair with a towel when my phone starts ringing. I pick it up. Unknown Number I stare at it a second before I flip it open and put it to my ear. Before I can say 'Hello' someone speaks on the other end.

"Cassie? We need to talk. Come over to Scott's house now" says Derek. I am very confused. I hear a voice in the background.

"Derek! Where are you?" That was Scott. I am now beyond confused.

"Derek? H-how did you get my number? And is that Scott shouting at you in the background?" I say into the phone. Derek sighs impatiently and then Scott is on the other end.

"Cassie? Just get over to my house, please" Scott says before the line disconnects. What the hell was that about?

"Scott? Scott?!" I close my phone and put it in my pocket before going down the stairs and grabbing my keys off the table and walking out my door.

*Break In Time

Scott McCall's House

I park at Scott's house and get out of my car, walking quickly to the door. I knock on the door. The door doesn't open or even budge. I knock again. Still no answer.

"Hello? Scott?" I say. No answer. I sigh and turn around, about to walk away. The door suddenly swings open and I feel an arm wrap around me as I'm yanked into the house. I go to scream but a hand is over my mouth. The door is shut and I am deposited on the couch. I go to see who it is and see that it was only Scott. At this time, I realize that the whole house is completely dark and the only light is on the couch. Before I can speak to him, he speaks.

"There. Are you happy? She's in the house. She's fine" Scott growls. I instantly know he isn't talking to me, but I can't figure out who he is talking to...it's just us in the room. Suddenly, I hear a voice coming from the shadows behind the couch.

"Leave the house. We need to talk...alone" says the voice. I know it instantly. Talk? What the hell is going on? I think. Scott growls lowly, but another growl cuts him off and he walks out of the room. I hear the door slam and as soon as it's closed, I hear movement in the shadows.

"What the hell is going on?" I say quickly, starting to get irritated. I hear a chuckle.

"I would expect you to be afraid..." I roll my eyes.

"Yeah well I'm not. I'm angry. Now tell me what is going on!" I say. My temper is starting to flare when Derek suddenly is standing in front of me, but on the other side of the coffee table that is in front of the couch. I gasp very softly and stand up quickly. I see Derek fight off a smirk and I know why. My heart is now beating very fast and he can hear it.

"That's more like it...sit back down" Derek says. I glare at him.

"I'm still not scared Derek. And I don't have to sit down. Just get away from me" I say. I start to back away from him as he moves closer. Derek smirks.

"If you're not scared, then why is your heart racing? Why are you backing away?" Derek says. There was no way I was telling him that the reason my heart was racing was because of him being close to me.

"I'm backing away from you because I don't trust you" I say. Derek smirks wider. It was a lie and he knew it. I was really backing away because I didn't trust myself...especially not around him.